Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Courgette recipes?  (Read 8299 times)

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: Courgette recipes?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 05:46:51 pm »
Been busy.....soooo busy. Only popping in and out lately.Isnt it funny you spend all summer getting ready for winter :wave: Hope you are ok , speak properly when I have time. Cooking salmon and fennel at the moment with new potatoes and broccolli.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 05:59:34 pm »
Why have you got to spoil my pleasant surprise by mentioning the F word ??? :D :farmer: :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 10:57:48 am »
Cold courgette soup (sounds odd but I think it's absolutely delicious)

Peel about 4 or 5 normal sized courgettes and cut into chunks.  Peel and quarter one onion.  Add to a saucepan, cover with water and add a veg stock cube.  Cook until very tender.  Drain the veg and puree it (keep a little liquid separately in case you want to add a little to the end mixture if it's very very thick).  Add a whole boursin cheese (reduced fat or normal) and puree until mixed and smooth.  Allow to get cold then serve.  Best made the day before serving.

This is more of a starter soup and not one of those that you would eat as a main course with loads of bread.

Enjoy!  :)

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 10:21:40 pm »
Hi - Haven't tried it but this recipe was emailed through to me today

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2010/08/zucchini_pecan_cake_with_cream_cheese_frosting

Hope it works

If I have too many I slice them put them in layers in trays and loose freeze, then bag them and use them instead of aubergines in moussaka.
All the best
Sue
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS