Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Scottish Smallholder Festival 2017  (Read 13175 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Scottish Smallholder Festival 2017
« on: August 11, 2017, 01:14:37 pm »
For anyone searching in this section for this year's  Scottish Smallholder Show, the date will be September 23rd, 2017 at the Lanark Agricultural Centre.  Closing date for livestock entries is Sept 1st.
www.ssgf.uk
Closing date for livestock entries is Sept 1st.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Scottish Smallholder Festival 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 10:55:08 am »
Entries for livestock and poultry and waterfowl shows close next Friday 1st September. Schedules and entry forms here https://ssgf.uk/exhibitors/schedules/. Please note we now have our own CPH number fro the Festival 83/536/8010. Schedules haven't yet been updated but letters to exhibitors have.

Crafty folk have until the 15th to enter the Garden, Craft and Food competition. Please nte that there is an error in the Raw Fleece section - fleeces should be from the 2017 shearing.

Paul and Caroline

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 09:26:36 pm »
Will there be a programme of events published online at all please?

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 01:16:21 pm »
Just finalising some of the timings. It should be online today or tomorrow, we'll also send out a newsletter email once it's completed.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 01:24:10 pm »
Yet again I'll miss this - thought it would be the last Saturday in September and made a committment to our breed club.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 07:59:07 pm »
Yet again I'll miss this - thought it would be the last Saturday in September and made a committment to our breed club.

It should have been the 30th but the manager at the market put us in for the 23rd without asking and by te time I found out, there was adog show booked on the 30th, so no way back sadly.

It's on the 29th next year and the last Saturday in 2019 - they're booked already.

smhowie

• Joined May 2014
  • irvine, ayrshire, scotland
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 05:15:52 pm »
Just returned from the festival talked to some very helpful people. Enjoyed some very informative seminars. Loved the equine parade and the demonstrations. Thanks Rosemary and the team for a great day out. Sorry that there were no cattle and could have done with more sellers but thats their loss.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 05:50:30 pm »
Just back too, and I thought it was a big success - well done Rosemary and Dan (who's getting greyer with each show  :innocent: )

In past years we've barely spent more than 1/2 an hour in the front hall, being with the stock the whole time.  This year we brought no stock, just produce.  That section is now on the balcony in the front hall and attendance has increased manyfold, like Oxford Street coming up to Christmas  ;D .  People can see the section and swarmed up to see it.  Entries were great too, and sooo many eggs  :chook: .  Let's hope this encourages even more quality entries for next year  :trophy:

I always buy something from the basketmaker, so I have quite a selection of baskets for gathering crops, firewood, going shopping and carrying fleecey stuff. This year I bought a beautifully shaped basket with a handle, called a forager's basket.  We bought it last night before the poor man had even finished unpacking his wares  :roflanim: . I love it  8)

I don't think I've done so much talking since last year, so now I'm croaking a bit and mr F is whispering  :thumbsup: .

So all in all, a brilliant event.  It seems hardly any time since Rosemary was mooting the idea of a smallholders show, and now see how far it's come  :farmer: :garden:   :sheep: :goat: :chook: :&> :carrot: :apple: :chili: :spud: :spud: :spud: :squash: :hugsheep:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS