Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Scottish Smallholder Festival 2018  (Read 14489 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Scottish Smallholder Festival 2018
« on: September 28, 2018, 07:27:05 pm »
Sunday 28th October at The Forfar Mart
www.ssgf.uk
If anyone would like some leaflets to put in their local feed store, saddlery, vet practice, please PM me.

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
Re: Scottish Smallholder Festival 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 07:35:36 pm »
Looking forward to it Rosemary.
I know the ESBA have tweeted about the Festival today.

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 03:29:40 pm »
Just a quick message to say that i hope everyone going this weekend has a great time and the weather holds out for you.

I cannot go as i have to work to 'catch up' on the weekends i have missed because of a family bereavement. Hopefully next year especially if it is held further north.
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 09:05:08 pm »
Next year likely to be Lanark I'm afraid.  Very few suitable locations further north, although Thainstone might be a possibility
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 07:58:47 am »
What a wonderful show! I had the best day out. Highlights for me were poultry, apples,Tim and Beth's talk, willow weaving (always wanted to try this and finally have), Kune Kune's. Very interesting and passionate people in the hall with their trades, crafts, and expertise. Felt much more approachable than at big shows like highland. Wonderful to learn about Eriskay ponies.
Thank you so much  :thumbsup:

smhowie

• Joined May 2014
  • irvine, ayrshire, scotland
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 10:03:13 am »
was sorry to miss this one. have now only missed two since started but family commitments meant missing this one

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 03:22:10 pm »
What a wonderful show! I had the best day out. Highlights for me were poultry, apples,Tim and Beth's talk, willow weaving (always wanted to try this and finally have), Kune Kune's. Very interesting and passionate people in the hall with their trades, crafts, and expertise. Felt much more approachable than at big shows like highland. Wonderful to learn about Eriskay ponies.
Glad you enjoyed it!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 03:52:04 pm »
Next year likely to be Lanark I'm afraid. 
I don't think we should dis Lanark - as a venue, it has a lot of positive attributes.

She was only afraid it was Lanark because alang had said he hoped for a northern venue.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

oor wullie

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Strathnairn
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 10:47:47 pm »

Thanks Steph, that's really appreciated, I find it hard to know if I'm talking boring stuff that's only relevant to me or if it really is of interest to others.

(I'm Tim by the way)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 11:59:39 am »
Next year likely to be Lanark I'm afraid. 
I don't think we should dis Lanark - as a venue, it has a lot of positive attributes.

Umm, read what was above my post - I didn't 'dis' it.  I replied to Al's post

I personally think Lanark is a brilliant venue.  Been there for umpteen dog shows, and it's a lot closer for me.

As for Thainstone - it is top of the range so probably well out of our price bracket.

I don't know of any other suitable venues.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS