Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Stopping Smoking  (Read 5760 times)

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
Stopping Smoking
« on: July 06, 2010, 08:15:31 pm »
Hi guys,

I am stopping Smoking!!! I gave up in January and lasted about 3 months but failed after a beer too many!

Anyway been to the doctors and trying the latest tablets called Champix, been on them now 4 days, had 2 smokes yesterdayv and 1 today and i really believe that is it! For all you smokers out there it works by blocking the receptor in your brain by 50% (this is the one that the nicotine stimulates) anyway i can honestly say the fags jsut arent enjoyed now and even though it is a 12 week course i really feel that i have it cracked this time

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
Re: Stopping Smoking
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 08:31:13 pm »
Best of luck WP, let us know how you get on & i may just try those myself

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 08:39:28 pm »
working well so far DR, but yes regular postings i think.

These tablets have far less side effects than the other ones which is good. sometimes feel a little sick for 20 minutes soon after taking and have some wicked dreams as well   ;)

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 09:03:20 pm »
I tried Champix and get the migraine from hell.  Hope you continue to do well and make sure you moderate your beers! ;D

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 09:15:42 pm »
Not going to drink anyway, coz i always want a smoke with a beer. so t-total fro 3 months, which i am not bothered about either

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 09:29:11 pm »
Hubby gave up smoking 7 years ago - used Nicorette Inhalator - brilliant! Trouble is he's still stuck on the inhalator! Drives me mad - but at least he's not smoking!!
Good luck!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 07:16:30 am »
Good for you WP. Try putting the money you save on fags in a jar then at the end of the year, treat yourself

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 07:54:09 am »
Hello all I have asked lots of people who have stopped smoking even at 20 a day and £5 a pack. 7 X £5 = £35 a week X 52 = £1820 Show me the Goodie jar wi £1500 in it  ??? ;D ;D :farmer: :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 08:54:32 am »
God just think. All that money going up in smoke!  Keep it up and well done

sam.t

• Joined Mar 2009
  • goole east yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 01:13:10 pm »
i too take these tablets not had a cig now for 7 weeks still don`t want one but school hols soons so that will test them
 they work really well i didnt want to stop smoking but had to so  worked even with out willpower

Sandy

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 02:58:44 pm »
My partner did it without patches this timeBUT...gave up and is very grouchy when he needs his fix!!!

Sandy

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 02:59:17 pm »
I forgot to add, he started again :-\

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 10:30:56 pm »
Good luck WP. My pal is an Anti-Smoking professional for the Health Board and she says this is the best thing found so far. I don't dare try it in case it sends me mental. ;D
I stopped for 4 years using the gum and then went back to it when I had a stressful patch  - intend to try again soon.
And Wizard you're right! No-one saves the money in a jar, properly - but I did notice I had a lot more cash in my purse on a day to day basis.

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 12:03:02 am »
Good luck to you WP!

My wife tried most things but always went back to smoking. That was until she just decided that enough was enough and stopped!

She says that occasionally she fancies a fag but it doesn't seem to occur to her that much. It seems that really wanting to stop is half the battle.

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 07:04:37 am »
Hello all Mornin Ian Diane has the right attitude like myself nearly oh! so long ago when, The Chancellor increased the price to five bob for twenty.Thats 25p for 20 Players to you ! Not paying that I said to Kath hmf! she said.There's 6 in this packet and placed them on the mantle shelf and there they remained until Christmas She said these fags will have gone off by now George shall I throw them on the fire?Yes I don't need them.So she did and I have not smoked since.Like I said  7 posts back I dare bet he cannot show the £1500 in the jar No and I cannot show the many thousands I have saved by not smoking.Where it has been spent I have no Idea but I have not got it ??? :o :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS