Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Excited  (Read 2330 times)

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
Excited
« on: July 16, 2017, 08:21:33 am »
At the Great Yorkshire Show I purchased a demonstration cedar clad cabin/office which is to become my craft room out in the garden.  24'x10' of well lit, insulated space where I can house my fluff & stuff without having to put any part done projects away.  Even better, being the ex demo, it has optional extras without the cost and the entry step as well.

The site has been prepared, the trees in the lane have had a trim so it can get down safely so there is nothing more to do until it arrives. 

I am planning the furnishings, included with it are the office desks, drawers and cupboards that were inside on display so I am thinking shelves for my craft books and a sofa bed for those lazy afternoons.  I already have two chairs, one for each spinning wheel.  Are there any other essentials that I am overlooking?

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
Re: Excited
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 08:42:38 am »
Sounds really good! Will you be connected to an electricity supply? Good lighting in the winter would be useful to extend your crafting time, plus the facility to have some heating. I find drafting for spinning more difficult if my fingers get very cold, but I usually don't use my heater, just wear more woolly outer layers !

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 10:27:01 am »

I would have lots of stackable, sealable boxes to store all the fluff in.  You won't have clothes moths or vermin to start off with, but the moths at least are sure to sneak in eventually if there is anything they like around.
I would also have some kind of music producing device, unless you prefer to have the doors open and listen to the birds.
Sounds odd, but I have one of those electronic doorbells with two chimers, so you can take one with you to your fluff den and not miss visitors.
I would also get planting flowers around the door and have a flat area for spinning outside when it's sunny.

Don't forget to show us some pics when your palace arrives. Exciting  :yippee:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 12:25:51 pm »
It is wired up with 3 double electric sockets, two wall heaters and four sets of inset spotlights.  It has its own fuse box and a socket like a caravan hook up point outside to connect to.  I already have the other end of a hook up point wired into the house fuse box from the days the son lived in a residential caravan on site.

Doorbell not needed as it has a good view of the entrance but I will put one of the telephones in.

Clear storage boxes are on the shopping list.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 11:40:11 pm »
Wow! Just wow. What a lovely gift to yourself. Hope you have many happy hours of crafting in it.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 08:17:03 am »
Friends and relations all seem to be getting campervans and heading off into the blue, this is my reality instead.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 08:42:42 pm »
15 storage boxes later, ranging from 120 litre to 12 litre and most of my stash is confined and labeled.  I think that I am going to need another 2 to house rolags for projects on the go so that they do not get squashed.

I never really knew how much I had.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS