Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Summer Holidays  (Read 10450 times)

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
Re: Summer Holidays
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 08:53:19 pm »
Summer holidays ?

Ahhh, i can vaugely remember what they are   :D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 09:00:23 pm »
I am in that group Long hot days Light until 11 pm because it was double summertime then Followed quickly with another fortnights off for tattie pickin Them were the days when one hadn't a care in the world ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 10:00:22 pm »
I can remember tattie pickin', £4 a day

Funny tho', you never see that these days 

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 08:04:49 am »
SudanPan i am not sure which part of Cornwall you are in but there used to be a flyer available on a website which showed all the dog friendly beaches in Cornwall, i know its a nightmare coz we have a couple of dogs, which we always clean up behind, however its the usual case of a minority of irresponsible owners that spoil it for us. my dogs love the beach too

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 09:21:37 am »
http://www.thecornishcoast.co.uk/DOGM.htm

There are also links for places that never allow dogs, and those places which sometimes allow dogs.

Hope it helps  :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 10:52:15 am »
Hey up Julie Thats a posh hen hut and hen my word ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 12:10:11 pm »
We never go away in the summer. We love it in England when the sun shines etc. But the winter is another matter. We always go abroad, either Florida or Australia for a couple of months.

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 07:32:52 pm »
http://www.thecornishcoast.co.uk/DOGM.htm

There are also links for places that never allow dogs, and those places which sometimes allow dogs.

Hope it helps  :)

WP, JulieS - yep we use the Beach Map  - Loe Bar is the place of choice closest to us during the summer - otherwise we like Praa Sands, Marazion, Gwithian and Carbis Bay during the 'allowed' months  :D

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 09:47:58 pm »
We went to Florida in April but hope to have a week in Cornwall in August. We're really lucky father in law is happy to look after the animals so that's great.
Enjoy wp!

chickenfeed

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 10:03:35 pm »
 ;)we spend our summer going to shows rather than going away on holiday so far we have had a day at newark a day at the sufolk show 3 days at the EOE even took the vintage tractor a day at the lincoln show a day at the royal norfolk and going to have 3 days at the great yorkshire a few more day shows after the yorkshire. we much prefer this arangement to a normal holiday and we get to see lots of friends this way and their animals  ;)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2010, 08:51:07 am »
We have all ways done that sort of thing chickinfeed I used to spend a lot of time at John Simpson's but I cannot even manage that now.I called to see Dave Boyle's on the way to Rand last week but he were out so I don't know how Ashley is doing.I couldn't even climb up on the McClaren to video the motion now Sam's got it done Did you see it at Carrington? :farmer:

starcana

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 06:24:03 pm »
Sudanpan - Kennack Sands East is wonderful with the dogs - a nice long stretch of beach, and also Coverack is good once you've scrambled across the stones. Both ok all year. And for a little cove, Durgan is nice and very close to us.

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 09:10:44 am »
Last full of week and then getting ready for my Cornwall tour next Thursday!

Looking forward to my visit to Ford Mill Farm and hopefully seeing some piglets with jess..... (oh and i may have to put a little fishing rod in for the lake if ok JulieS, Jess is adamant she wants to catch some fish, so may take her out mackerel fishing as well.)

I know its only Monday but................... COME ON FRIDAY HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!!

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2010, 09:30:28 am »
Really looking forward to meeting you both next week WP - not long to go now!!

Yes, put a fishing rod in for Jess.  She's sure to catch one here.....and if she likes fishing then a trip out for mackerel would be great for her.

No piglets as yet.  Rosie is keeping us waiting..and waiting....and waiting!
 :) :) :)

Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2010, 10:08:50 am »
Oh dear and we were so looking forward to what you and the Princesses did over the weekend.For Kath and I it was awfull here in Grimsby the temperature got up to 33c in our back yard.We had to stay indoors and all the plants were drooping at 6pm fed them watered them again fine sprayed the leaves and flowers.My they look well this morning at 5.30am It's RAINING Kath says Shall have to go and look forgot what it looks like ;D :farmer:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 10:10:43 am by Wizard »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS