Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Summer Holidays  (Read 10452 times)

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
Summer Holidays
« on: July 01, 2010, 09:23:00 am »
Hi all, its getting to tthat time of year where we are looking forward to a break.

I am off to Cornwall for a long weekend in 3 weeks time with Princess and then a few days out, anyone up to anything?

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: Summer Holidays
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 09:31:03 am »
Hello WP I hope you have a nice break and the weather stays nice.A true fact Kath and I HAVE NEVER HAD A HOLIDAY AWAY FROM HOME FOR A WEEK OR WHATEVER. We always went for Days The Royal Show at Stoneliegh Park Now no longer The Smithfield Fat stock show at Olympia.and things like that never a week away :D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 09:34:11 am »
I am off to London for 2 nights in 3 weeks time and this will be my first day off since January. Going to see the new Andrew Lloyd Webber musical "Love Never Dies". Just looking forward to getting away. Have a great time in Cornwall.

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 09:36:36 am »
I am praying for a holiday, I wish I could go on holiday now.  

We have major building work on and everything is upside down, the house is like a barn with mud floors and dusty as hell and we have no bathroom - though its being delivered today.  I am even contemplating going on 'holiday' just on the other side of the estuary just to clear my lungs and have a nice bath.

I do have a day at the F1 coming up in two weeks which I am looking forward too.

Summer holidays are busy here on the camp site and I like to be here watching over the yard.

Ta

Baz

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 09:39:52 am »
No holiday this year, in fact not really had one since 2002 just a few days away in the caravan but sold that now as I really did not enjoy caravaning. Somehow something went wrong every time we tried to go away so gave up. HOWEVER !!! we have booked a weeks cruise for next year as it will be my 60th birthday.
Anne

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 09:56:37 am »
Hello Baz We haven't been to Silverstone since Fangio, Moss and Karl Kling drove fully enveloped cars and they complained that they could not see the wheels they still finished 1st 2nd and 4th.So next season they drove conventional cars with a wheel at each corner like all the others At that time Mid 50's Ferrari didn't seem to finish most races How times have changed.I am no sure for the better though!
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 10:43:37 am »
nothing planned here - goat still needs milking and i need to find someone happy to do that without forking out loads for a smallholder sitter.
also august is plum harvest, we'll be up tree's most of th at month!! enjoy cornwall WP
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 10:47:53 am »
Enjoy.  NO holidays for us, can't leave the pigs. 

James is Love Never Dies the sequal to Phantom?  If so, how I envy you.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 10:55:00 am »
Enjoy.  NO holidays for us, can't leave the pigs. 

James is Love Never Dies the sequal to Phantom?  If so, how I envy you.

Yes HM it is, I bought the sound track for it when it came out and it is just amazing. I was a huge fan of Phantom and have see it in the theatre many, many times. Yes I'm sad!

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 12:25:23 pm »
Just back from Germany with the school, but not going anywhere else till october

Cornwall for a long weekend
-- LUCKY u, love Cornwall

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 12:36:14 pm »
Not sad at all.  I loved phantom.  Will have to get the new soundtrack. 

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 12:51:45 pm »
Do, you will love it. I am really looking forward to seeing the show.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 01:51:54 pm »
nothing planned here - goat still needs milking and i need to find someone happy to do that without forking out loads for a smallholder sitter.
also august is plum harvest, we'll be up tree's most of th at month!! enjoy cornwall WP
Thought of a smallholder swap?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 07:51:46 pm »
I don't know of any other local smallholders but I do have a friend who has said she'd love to come and stay and look after our animals as she and her hubby have always wanted goats/chickens etc but don't have the space so maybe...
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 07:53:57 pm »
Like Bazzais we are in the middle of building work so no holiday possible - also we have the chooks, pigs and dogs so not viable to leave the smallholding in any event. HOWEVER we are going to have a well earned break when the scaffold comes down (mid July whooppee) and have promised ourselves not to go onto the building site for a whole week  ;D Really looking forward to a week of not putting the building clothes on and instead taking the opportunity to go to the beaches with the pups (though the beaches we can go to are restricted because of the Summer Beach Dog ban here in Cornwall  :(  )

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS