Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Immingham Power Station  (Read 7822 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: Immingham Power Station
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 11:20:50 am »
Very sorry indeed to have to tell you Russ a body was found late last night when it was cool enough for the Fire teams to enter :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 11:26:38 am »
yes ...it seemed like that was the only outcome...
 It could have turned into something much worse , but thankfully didn't  !!! , not that that will be any consolation to the mans family and friends .

cheers

Russ

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 01:10:26 pm »
The poor chap that has died has been named as 24 yrs old Robert Greenacre working for Babcock Contractors and has been working on LOR for the past 5 years according to the Telegraph It is really sad since he was an only child :( :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 07:14:17 pm »
Les is going to go up to LOR tomorrow to see if there is a collection and give them some money towards a wreath or whatever. As he said it could have been Martyn, hes 24 and has worked at stallinborough and a few others.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 07:55:55 am »
Hello Jackie I see its all over bar the shouting I read the newest MP is going to ask difficult questions of LOR in the week as was done every time its had a fire or fire and explosion there in the past.There is always a danger of this and there is some very interesting stories about at the minute We will see what comes of the H&SE findings I hope the stories are not true. Are you back tomorrow? :farmer:

Sandy

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 07:59:49 am »
We get a lot of Babcocks men and bosses stay here, they work at the local power staion, RIP!

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 11:45:44 am »
Yes Ill be back at about 6pm with my new piglets and lambs  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS