Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A bacon clanger disaster.  (Read 2917 times)

BML

• Joined Dec 2010
A bacon clanger disaster.
« on: March 27, 2017, 11:11:35 pm »
I wanted to cook a Bacon Clanger so I bought some bacon pieces and found a couple or recipes but the result was a disaster.
This might have been because the bacon pieces which I thought were bits and pieces of bacon rashers were actually large bits of bacon, I don’t know if that made a difference.
I wrapped the mixture in greece proof paper and then a washing up cloth tied at each end and twice in the middle placing it in a fish kettle and keeping it topped up with boiling water.
The end result was a slightly soggy not very tasty thing and it was nothing like the last one I cooked a good few years past which I’m sure finished up with a crust on it.
I’m going to have another go but this time I will buy some bacon rashers and cook it in a bowl. Any sugestions would be welcome.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: A bacon clanger disaster.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 02:27:47 pm »
Better and lighter steamed than boiled as I remember. Ma used to put Hawthorn leaves around the outside of the "pudden" at this time of year. Maybe some chopped herbs and plenty of pepper would make it tastier, BML?
Which part of the country does the word "clanger" come from?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS