Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Next years spuds?  (Read 5088 times)

simgold

• Joined Aug 2008
Next years spuds?
« on: August 01, 2008, 11:04:33 am »
Iv'e got myself an allotment this year and want to grow spuds -(earlies, mains, salads)- and recall from a blog some when back that there is a sort of festival where you can go and get seed potatoes in practicly every variety, but for life of my i can't figure out where i saw it. So if anyone has a clue to what im babbling about and could point me in the right dirrection  would be most gratefull. Oh and it was sometime in jan - march? I think and roughly around the eastish coast of england. (Maybe suffolk or norfolk?)

Many many thanks Harry

P.S. Is there an equivilent for onions?

Kev

Re: Next years spuds?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 02:35:33 pm »
Dunno is my easy answer, but the internet does hold a wealth of spud stuff. Whilst most sites aren't advertising seed tatties for sale now, it is worth looking at:

www.organiccatalog.com

They at least have some organic varieties and would be able to let you know when to order and when to expect delivery etc.

I'll be getting my first batch from them in due course.

Maddox

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 02:54:42 pm »

Lancelot

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 10:09:51 pm »
The HDRA site, now Garden Organic have their National Potato Day at Ryton each year. I am afraid you will have to be very quick though, it is open to the public on Sunday 25/1/09  10am to 5pm
The annual onion festival is held just outside Ledbury Herefordshire later in the year. Off memory it could be a village called Much Marcle. If not it is near there

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 11:29:01 pm »
We got ours here last year - take a few days off and come up to Bonnie Scotland, the festival is worth it alone!

http://bigtentfestival.co.uk/

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 08:58:42 am »
Big tent festival looks good ... Anybody else going?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS