Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Broody Hen  (Read 1502 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Broody Hen
« on: June 16, 2010, 11:47:18 am »
Over the last few weeks I have had to put broody hens into small pens as we do not need anymore chickens, have 14 at the moment which is more than enough. At the weekend another decided she too would go broody and knowing what a good mum she was last year I bought 6 duck eggs from a friend down the road. she is now sitting but just in case she did come off them we have put the incubator on stand by. I just want a couple of ducks to have about the place and eat the slugs. We tried twice last year buying eggs on e-bay and the incubator but nothing so fingers crossed the hen makes a good job and we get a result. :&>

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Broody Hen
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 11:49:41 am »
Good luck1  I've done that with great success.  But watch the 'Mum' if her babies go anywhere near water - she will go berserk!  It is soooo funny ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS