Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The World Cup/Inner peace..  (Read 16129 times)

gavo

• Joined Aug 2008
  • Belcoo, Enniskillen, N.Ireland
  • Crazy Pig Lover
Re: The World Cup/Inner peace..
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2010, 10:55:42 am »
Well if it is England bashing you just want to do at least they got as far as the world cup more than can be said for the rest of the UK or Ireland.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2010, 12:02:01 pm »
So you don't agree that they want a bashing then?For what its cost and all the Hype etc; etc; etc; as the King of Siam said :'( :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

gavo

• Joined Aug 2008
  • Belcoo, Enniskillen, N.Ireland
  • Crazy Pig Lover
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2010, 12:07:14 pm »
Yes but as i said they are not the only country with a disasterous team but as Irelands nearest neighbour they get a bashing from them. I don't think our Irish contingent have bashed the French quite as much.Please correct me if i'm wrong[i know someone will]

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2010, 05:49:32 pm »
Aw did you see them arriving back? :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Gordon M

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2010, 08:44:16 am »
What a nice gesture!
The Nigerian goalkeeper has offered to refund the costs of all the disappointed UK fans who travelled to World Cup in South Africa.
All he needs are your bank account details, password and your mothers maiden name.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2010, 09:08:02 am »
and which one flew over the cuckoo's nest as well Gordon? :D Do you think there is anyone daft enough?Don't know though there were some daft enough to go.Of course I would have like England to win ,but I am not a football follower at all. It seemed to me the players were not very interested in the bits that were shown as part of the news.We don't seem to do much good at what I call Internationals either nowadays.Lets hope these things run in cycles and Englands is on the way up.I don't know what Tommy Lawton and all them dead players like Sir Stanley Matthews think.They must be turning in their graves, the humility of it all and its every thing/body's fault bar theirs (players) ??? :'( :'( :farmer:.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 09:09:39 am by Wizard »

Gordon M

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2010, 09:13:51 am »
I was there last summer for the final Lions test against the springboks, at least the ball was the correct shape,,,, and we won!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2010, 09:27:34 am »
I am not a follower of that game either but what bits I do see on TV the players do seem interested. Is it anything to do with renumeration? Gordon The cricket team of late seem to be in the footballers class.It always used to be competitive My Dad was very Keen and always went to the Test at Trent Bridge in the days of Bradman and Co Even in his later years he went to see Freddie Truman.The high light of his year.Time could always be made to go to the MATCH :D :farmer:

Gordon M

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2010, 09:52:58 am »
Renumeration? Absolutely! Few sportsmen thesedays really seem to care about the results, only what they can get out of it, and as for appearance fees! Well!!!!
In my opinion, you compete to win, because you love your chosen sport and should be honoured to represent your club / country!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2010, 10:22:48 am »
I'm with you all the way Gordon ??? :-[ :'( :farmer: :wave:

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2010, 11:00:23 am »
as per my earlier post, i think this bunch of wallies turned up for the extra money and thats all, cant see from their dire lacklustre displays of Sunday mornin football was anything less than emabarrassing. take a look at some of the smaller teams in the competition, they all went out and played thier socks off, why??? because they wanted to be on the world stage and were happy/honoured to represent their country. not our lot though and what happened when they came back?? they all got on planes and flew straight back out to their £1m+ holiday houses!! Joke. they should be made accountable and explain why they were aso poor, and think of the cost to the economy, my boss and a few of my friends all were allowed to go home early for the last England group game, and to be fair they scrambled through that!!

I would love to fire a home truth rocket up some of the @rses of these opverpaid pre-madonnas

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2010, 12:20:00 pm »
I know nothing at all about football but my friend said  he thought the team was rubbish because in all the really good  English premier league teams most of the players are foreign - they buy talent in rather than bringing it on, so there arent enough talented English players when it comes to picking the national team.

What do you reckon?

I watched the end of the game on Friday night - they woz robbed! It would definitely have been a goal if not for that hand ball. Poor wee Ghana should have gone through.

Hardfeather

« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2010, 12:37:21 pm »
Vuvuzelas...get ya vuvuzelas 'ere...ten fer a pound...

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2010, 12:58:02 pm »
Hey up A Send me your Email address So long as nobody that is sensitive sees your mails :D :D :D :D :D :D :farmer: :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS