Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Loved this from Dundee  (Read 2110 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Loved this from Dundee
« on: December 14, 2016, 11:03:57 pm »
Road rage woman making her court appearance (she punched another woman in the face - Dundee can be like that) claimed that she was on her way to the yarn shop to buy knitting supplies (strange mitigation, but there you go) and not deliberately following the other driver.

The judge ordered her to do various pieces of knitting for charity before she came back for sentencing - presumably proving she wasn't fibbing.  She came back with some satisfactory knitted items, which were duly handed on to charity.  She didn't seem to get any punishment.   Different!!
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
Re: Loved this from Dundee
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 09:05:37 am »
There was a thread on Ravelry round about the time of the sentencing, with some doubts being cast on her ability to deliver. Those doubts would appear to have been unfounded! :knit:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 10:11:52 am »
There was a thread on Ravelry round about the time of the sentencing, with some doubts being cast on her ability to deliver. Those doubts would appear to have been unfounded! :knit:

Oh I missed that first time around.  It didn't show what the items were she knitted and if they were sold or recycled by the charity........      Still, novel sentencing  :knit:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 04:07:09 pm »
I don't think there is any point in sentencing her if the other driver gave her the needle. The tension must have been too high. Anyway it has me in stitches.  :roflanim: :knit: :wave:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 05:07:12 pm »
I don't think there is any point in sentencing her if the other driver gave her the needle. The tension must have been too high. Anyway it has me in stitches.  :roflanim: :knit: :wave:

She sounds like a bit of a crochet to me.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS