Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Advice re Planning  (Read 15831 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Advice re Planning
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2010, 12:36:01 am »
Good to hear the case is closed.....hopefully these neighbours will leave you alone now.

Sandy

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2010, 06:36:18 am »
THank goodness for that!!!!! People like that deserve neighbours from hell, shame your both far too nice to qualify!!!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2010, 08:39:46 am »
Last week we received a letter from the council informing us that as we had not applied for planning permission we were breaking such and such rules! We phoned the planning officer and had a really good chat to him and he told us the only complaints our 2 neighbours could make were on the grounds of their view and that that counts for nothing in planning applications. So, last week we officially applied for planning permission to keep our caravan which is storage for hay/straw and feed. Watch this space.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2010, 09:46:18 am »
Surely when you buy a house you don't buy a view. Your neighbours can only complain that your mobile home is blocking their light which doesn't seem to be the case!
I just pretend my neighbour doesn't exist and hopefully she will think the same of me!! ;D

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2010, 09:53:50 am »
The 2 houses that have created holy hell over the caravan can't even see the bloody thing. For a start the caravan is way below their horizon plus it is almost totally screened from the top by tree branches. If we wanted to play tit for tat we could easily cut these trees down and make the thing an eye sore for them. :yum: :yum:

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2010, 10:07:26 am »
So you could! I just keep more cockerels plus Guinea Fowl. I am now condsidering Peacocks ;D ;D

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2010, 01:17:25 pm »
Having had trouble with neighbours in the past, I now realise it was not just us, whose lives were made a misery - seems bad neighbour relations is quite common.  My neighbours complained to the council all the time about us and our animals, and all sorts of things.  The council in the end said  the complainant definitely had a problem - and it wasn't anything to do with us.  They even sent the gas people round, as they said they could smell gas from our Rayburn????  Man tested the gas, and said he  could find nothing amiss on his gas tester, and could not smell anything.  We had to rebuild our garden wall, that supposedly was about to fall on the neighbour, who was 20ft on the other side of the fence, replace roof slates, which the builder could not see were even off,  etc. etc.

Some people have nothing better to do than complain.  I wonder what they would do, if the same happened to them though.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2010, 01:30:41 pm »
The 2 houses that have created holy hell over the caravan can't even see the bloody thing. For a start the caravan is way below their horizon plus it is almost totally screened from the top by tree branches. If we wanted to play tit for tat we could easily cut these trees down and make the thing an eye sore for them. :yum: :yum:
A friend told me the other day they had seen a for sale sign near your hotel, James.  You aren't giving up I hope
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2010, 01:40:28 pm »
A friend told me the other day they had seen a for sale sign near your hotel, James.  You aren't giving up I hope

There is Seggie House up the road from here for sale but not us! Seggie is a bargain I think it is now £1.6 million - 2 years ago they wanted almost 34 million for it.

dizzy1pig

• Joined Jan 2010
  • Leuchars, Fife
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2010, 01:50:38 pm »
How about another cockeral??????
neighbours love them.............. ;D ;D
or i got 3 guinea fowl keets.......
a shot of a couple highland cows???
All could easily be arranged
Oh yes and the daft parrot that thinks he's an alarm :wave: :wave: :wave:

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2010, 01:54:24 pm »
How about another cockeral??????
neighbours love them.............. ;D ;D
or i got 3 guinea fowl keets.......
a shot of a couple highland cows???
All could easily be arranged
Oh yes and the daft parrot that thinks he's an alarm :wave: :wave: :wave:

Don't you go giving me daft ideas now Nicki.  :P ;) I e mailed you re the Silkies. :)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2010, 02:23:38 pm »

There is Seggie House up the road from here for sale but not us! Seggie is a bargain I think it is now £1.6 million - 2 years ago they wanted almost 34 million for it.
[/quote]
What's a Seggie house?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2010, 02:34:38 pm »

What's a Seggie house?
[/quote]

It's simply the name of the house. Googlie it if you want a view, the sellers are Savilles and it is beautiful. However, it is sold with most of the furniture and antiques and does need a fair bit of money spent on it. It was "sold" as a private school but I think planning permission was refused so they pulled out and now it's back on the market.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2010, 03:52:34 pm »
2 weeks ago today I lodged my planning application form with the council and today they send me a letter saying I have not included certain things. It takes 2 weeks for this???? One form was not included with the forms they gave me so how the heck was I supposed to know I needed it and the other was ordnance survey maps. The maps I oncluded were dated 2005 and apparantly the law has changed and they can only accept up to date maps> :-\ ??? Anyway, they tell me how to obtain these maps on line and I am now £62.28 the worse off. What a damned racket this is and what a disgraceful country we live in. :o >:(

Sandy

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2010, 03:56:46 pm »
When you deal with the authoritis in any county, city etc, you feel like you are playing a game, you have to have a lot of knowledge first and say and do the correct t hings, o ne word or form out of place and they do a blank on you....We hope to submit some plans soon so goodness knows what we will face......I found it very strange when we lived in a conservation area before and the people who were loaded seemed to just do what they want!!! People in power aye???

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS