Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Advice re Planning  (Read 15834 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: Advice re Planning
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2010, 06:21:15 pm »
A few years back the cottage at the bottom of our farm road was just used for holidays, the people who owned it came up about once a month and boy did they make our life a living hell. Tried to say they owned part of our farm road and started planting on the verge, wanted to buy land from us and when we would not sell then they did all sorts of horrible things,  we could prove to them with our title deeds what we owned but he still refused to accept it and we were never allowed to see his deeds. In the end we got the police as he took one of our fences down. told me to my face that my cats would dissappear and things could happen to my horses, well you can threaten me till the cows come home but when it is my animals then I change from an easy going person to a raging thing that no one would want to meet on a dark night. He soon got the message and sold up and moved to Spain. We now have nice neighbours who enjoy country living.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 06:25:26 pm »
Well done you, glad you finally got rid of the idiots. it is funny how it only takes one person to cause so much havoc.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 08:26:43 pm »
I don't know Roxy who can say withcouncils. It's gone quiet so I'm hoping they'll give up if not I'll remove the beds and hope that will do it.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2010, 08:28:13 pm »
Have you heard any more James?

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2010, 09:30:54 pm »
Have you heard any more James?

Haven't heard a peep yet thanks. We did have one of our local Councillors in yesterday for dinner and I pounced in him and he gave me the number of the man responsible for Enforcements. I decided not to contact him at this stage as it only reminds him of us and our lack of planning, so I will sit and wait and let the Council take the next step. The Councillor did say that this man would know exactly what the rules were and that the guy that came out a few weeks ago may interpret the law a different way - so there may be hope. The Councillor was also in our favour!!!!

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 06:44:28 am »
Thats a bit of a result .......nice

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 08:00:22 am »
Fingers crossed then James

hexhammeasure

• Joined Jun 2008
    • golocal food
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 10:43:46 am »
Helencus. Do you grow enough veg to feed to your animals? that way the beds stop being domestic and resort to being agricultural in use
Ian

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2010, 11:13:48 am »
Hi hexhammeasure I grow a fair amount I can certainly argue that it's for animal feed

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2010, 03:53:59 pm »
Well done you, glad you finally got rid of the idiots. it is funny how it only takes one person to cause so much havoc.

aye, that'll be about right...have oyu met my husband?!?!?!?!?!?

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2010, 12:24:54 pm »
We have just had a visit form Enviromental Services, Fife council as our only 2 neighbours have complained about the caravan and the smell from the animals. I won't bore you with everything but needless to say - we won - CASE CLOSED!!!! Ofcourse it is up to Planning as to whether they make us move the caravan or not but enviromental services see no problem and definately no smell!! :farmer:

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2010, 12:29:26 pm »
Nice one James, wht a good start to the weekend!! better have a cider or 2 with your pork chops!

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2010, 06:33:51 pm »
Bloody brilliant James really pleased for you!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2010, 12:07:08 am »
Fantastic, James.  Make sure they are told - interfering busybodies!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2010, 07:11:00 pm »
grand lads, all the work was worth while then.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS