Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted - Female breeding llama  (Read 6588 times)

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: Wanted - Female breeding llama
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 12:22:00 pm »
Im so envious, one day soon though. then I will be frying everyones head, whats this whats that hows this hows that!!!!!
Craig

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 12:23:50 pm »
That's the only way you learn Craig, it will happen for you when the time is right. :)

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 12:30:29 pm »
Yip John just waiting to hear back from the laird. the house was in a poor state damp etc im just hoping that they repair it rather than cover it with paint. You never know I might be in by the end of the month. wont be growing no organics this year now though.
Craig

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 12:13:26 am »
Must have missed your advert for your female llama.  She is a lovely looking girl!!  Just read this now, but was in Lllongollen yesterday, so cannot have been too far from you?!!  Robbie was that age when we went to bring him here.

The only thing is, is she not a bit young to run with a male llama, especially given the size difference.  I have seen Robbie in action with my two large male goats, and the large round bale of hay, and he is not exactly gentle :D  I would not want Robbie to hurt a young female.

BrookfieldFarm

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Welshpool- Shropshire/ Powys
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 06:28:21 pm »
Ah, I must have read Robbie's age wrong, I thought he was 1-2. It's a shame that Tia isnt a few more months older because I'm sure they would be really good together! If I see anything else that comes up, I'll give you a shout. Good luck in your search!

snowy

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 04:04:09 am »
Hi I have several female llama's of various ages and colours, due to other commitments I must sell them :( you are more than welcome to come have a look or I can send you some pictures. I also have some males available.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2010, 10:58:25 am »
Hello Snowy - Whereabouts are you situated, please?  For some reason there are not many llamas near us, although a few alpacas.  Now Robbie is mature its not fair to keep him intact without a female.  My two large male goats would also be grateful as at times they seem to be the target of his affections.  I had become so despondent in my search, I have made enquiries at our local vet if they would be willing to geld Robbie, and they would.

That is unless I find him a lady friend of course :D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2010, 07:37:11 pm »
  I had become so despondent in my search, I have made enquiries at our local vet if they would be willing to geld Robbie, and they would.

Oooh I do hope you find Robbie a companion soon  .....

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS