Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lost my view - what can I do ?  (Read 9748 times)

HappyHippy

Re: Lost my view - what can I do ?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 12:33:59 pm »
I like your thinking Cameron  ;D ;D ;D I suppose we're quite lucky that we've got an otter that lives by our pond, I'm sure he's protected by all kinds of legislation  ;)
Planning seem to be very interested in coming up to see the fence - we'll just wait it out  ::) (Slowly slowly catchy monkey, is the expression I think ;))

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 06:29:36 pm »
Lateral thinking Cameron I like it  hope tjey can get something done for you HH

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 08:45:05 pm »
Any further forward ?

HappyHippy

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 09:16:46 am »
lol ! Cameron it's the council we're dealing with here  ::) Not expecting to hear anything for a while - but the planning officer's been out for a look so will let you know as soon as I know.

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 12:37:40 pm »
I don't think your lawyers will be able to help you - there is something called the law of nuisance which says people cannot use their land or do anything on their land that interferes with your use or enjoyment of yours. However the courts have said they do not consider blocking a pleasant view as a nuisance - so you wouldnt get anywhere with a court action against them.
So you are right to have gone down the Council route - good luck with it! Hopefully they will say it is unnecessarily and unreasonably tall and make them lower it to 2m max.

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2010, 01:56:11 pm »
Take 2 photographs 1 in Summer and 1 in winter. Get them blown up on vinyl and stick it on a board and hang the board on the fence.

Cheaper in the long run than going down the solicitor road :D :D
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

HappyHippy

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 03:36:25 pm »
I had thought of that Castle farm  ;D ;D ;D

I've gotten used to it being there now, and since we've taken away an old portacabin I've got a bit of the view back now so I'm not actually that bothered about it anymore.
Think I'm going to use the fence to my advantage though and move my chickens over beside it and use it as a side to their run. This will allow me to expand the run and increase my wee flock significantly, I'll even be able to get a rooster  ;) ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2010, 05:02:51 pm »
Hope it's close enough to your neighbours to annoy them then, Karen - a little bit of tit for tat feels really good!

Like how I felt when I sold my house in a week and the old grumpy thing who bought my old one next door and shouted at my dogs for barking at him took a year and half to sell it - great feeling of come uppance.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 06:05:31 pm »
Who me ? I would never do anything like that - honest !  ;) ;D ;D ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 11:26:51 pm »
Who me ? I would never do anything like that - honest !  ;) ;D ;D ;D
No, but I could buy the girls a cockerel as a birthday present ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2010, 08:37:52 am »
Trying to be unbiased here. Something you have to bare in mind is, what about your neighbours view? from your pics it does look a bit like a building site and you also mentioned an old portacabin. Once all your building work is done maybe they will take the fence down anyway. It's a shame to fall out over this, you probably need to talk with them or have them over for a barbecue. These small feuds can go on for years otherwise. Good luck

HappyHippy

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 11:46:23 am »
I know what you're saying Lazybe, unfortunately relations aren't great anyway :-\
When my folks sold them the house things were fine - but after disputes over boundaries and them making alterations to shared services without permission things have soured somewhat.
But back to the point lol! Our land is higher than theirs, they never had a view in that direction - only a 10 ft high wall. If the fence had been put in front of the wall I could understand, it's roughcast so not the prettiest thing to look at. But it was put on top of the wall, and at a time when they thought we were all away on holiday (despite the fact they've lived here for 2 years now) and I can see no point to it whatsoever - other than to p**s my mum off. The heras fence panels do make it look like a building site lol! It's actually my garden, but we had to fence off a part of it after some storm damage to stop my autistic daughter hurting herself - since I was pregnant at the time I wasn't able to fix it. But like I said before - they couldn't actually see into my garden in the first place.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2010, 12:24:53 pm »
Pity I gave Jamie away - you could have had him!

milly molly

• Joined Dec 2007
  • abington sw scotland
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 04:09:03 pm »
i've got a nice selection of cockerals u could have your pick of, going from silkie, sussex, and a little bantie that got dumped. all foc of course ;D

mandy

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 04:27:27 pm »
i have two aswell, just starting to crow,  ;D  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS