Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Open to the public - insurance?  (Read 4658 times)

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
Re: Open to the public - insurance?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 08:19:14 pm »
Thanks and good points
________
Caroline

Louise P

• Joined Jul 2015
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 09:22:42 pm »
Please don't think me rude as I obviously don't know your circumstances but with 2 young children myself I know time is precious.
I think the chances of you making a genuine 'salary' from your smallholding are slim. Could you not possibly get a lesser paid job much closer to home and use your saved comute time enjoying your smallholding good life.
You don't need a right lot of money to enjoy the good life as you're usually too busy knee deep in muck to be spending any anyway  :D
I wish you well whatever you decide x

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 12:47:42 pm »
No offence taken and I'm not quite that delusional   :innocent: There are parts of my job I really enjoy and it would be tricky getting a similar role closer to home but not impossible. The main aim is to get a better balance of being on the smallholding and if I can make a bit of money and share my passion with others then great! At the moment it is all a bit of an experiment, but hey if you don't try you don't know  :thumbsup:
________
Caroline

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 01:34:09 pm »
A good book to read to help you along would be barbara kingsolvers, animal, vegetable, miracle. Highly inspirational and she lives almost self sufficiently for a whole year, eating seasonally. Its jam packed with good recipes, how she grew it and when and what peoples reactions to it where. All the best :thumbsup: and good for you! :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 02:53:14 pm »
I suggest contacting your local authority, who may be able to give you lots of pointers on the law. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS