Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: FS Lleyn/Bowmont cross yearling ewes and 6 yr old Beulahs...Bala North Wales  (Read 1864 times)

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
Its no good, I need to downsize my flock of 23.  all selected to be on the finer end of the fleece spectrum for their breed ( I spin) and the year before last (Older ewes) tupped with a 19 micron Bowmont Ram - so the yearling girls have beautiful fleece (not measured tho). open to sensible offers - just want them to go to a place where their fleece will be valued.  Cheers Fi

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
You'll put them on Ravelry? 

If I hadn't just had to downsize my own flock in preparation for the move south, I would have been very interested in having a couple.  Although my own hands are always so rough I can't ever spin Bowmont!  Or silk.

We span Scottish Bowmont in the Highlands and Islands Fleece Fling earlier this year, and Speckled-faced Beullah in the Tour of Britain Tour of British Fleece last year, so folks know how special these fibres are.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
thats an idea - i hadnt clocked that you could sell fleece 'on the sheep'  ;D .  I want to keep them all having finally bred some sheep with the qualities i want, but have to be realistic with my land and my hay stocks. My local market is only really seems to do well for welsh mountain and gert big meaty sheep.  Even my lovely Beulahs would probably be shunned, even though they are a welsh hill breed and lamb easily etc..  Cheers Sally.  Im keeping my Bowmont vasectomised ram, my lovely lola (BFL/Lleyn Mule) a couple of the older girls and 'lambs' probably need to rehome about 15....

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
There are a lot of sheepkeepers on Ravelry, it's definitely worth a post.  Best of luck.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS