Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: goat poo as manure?  (Read 3150 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
goat poo as manure?
« on: May 26, 2010, 03:49:50 pm »
just wondering if I can use my goats muck for manure and if so how do I 'prepare' it? I've got a much heap with chicken and goat (and rabbit) bedding and its been rotting for a year now.
thanks
Lisa
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: goat poo as manure?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 04:15:48 pm »
I just put mine on the muck heap with all the other poo and use it the next year as normal.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 04:58:32 pm »
I used to do the same as Karen plus a woolen sock full suspended in a old dolly tub of water for watering the tomatoes sheep Pooh does the same job as well tomatoes love it.Well one has never told me so but I once did a trial and the 3 with daily watering from the dolly tub were way ahead of the others :D :farmer: :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 08:12:05 pm »
thank you. that's good news as it means the one year old stuff at the bottom is ready now  :)  with the sock and dolly tub does it need to be year old or can I use fresh it its diluting?  am already eyeing up which ones of tony's socks to 'borrow'  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 08:22:29 pm »
I did the poo in a pillow case last year when George recomended it to me. It does really work.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 09:02:16 pm »
Yes Lisa straight from the ewe's bum is best.Pleased you found it useful Karen a lot cheaper than Tomorite intit :D :farmer: :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 09:26:21 pm »
is your life motto at the bottom about not rushing through life
and taking things a little easier e.g. finding time to just enjoy life without having to do everything at once
and missing out?

am i going in the right direction with this ;D

anyway thats what it means to me!

did you make it up? if so well done ;)

langdon
Langdon ;)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 08:06:05 am »
langdon have you not read what is written under all my posts ;D ;D ;D :farmer: :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS