Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ebay, flowers/bulbs  (Read 3172 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

BrimwoodFarm

• Joined May 2016
    • Brimwood Farm
    • Facebook
Re: Ebay, flowers/bulbs
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 06:22:44 pm »
There's some GREAT bargains on eBay. Just be cautious with bulbs. I bought 100 native bluebells last year to establish a brand new British bluebell wood. They came up this year. They weren't native bluebells.  :'(

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 06:48:11 pm »
There's some GREAT bargains on eBay. Just be cautious with bulbs. I bought 100 native bluebells last year to establish a brand new British bluebell wood. They came up this year. They weren't native bluebells.  :'(
Couldn't you complain to ebay about it? False advertising that! T&M sell native bluebell bulbs. Here we are.....
http://www.thompson-morgan.com/flowers/flower-bulbs-and-tubers/other-flower-bulbs-and-tubers/english-bluebells/p7146TM
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

BrimwoodFarm

• Joined May 2016
    • Brimwood Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 07:20:29 pm »
Funnily enough I just ordered those due to the sale, so have another 200 bulbs winging their way.

I complained to the seller and he apologised and said they'd replace this autumn but I'm don't trust them anymore. I was gutted because the whole point was establishing a British bluebell grove to combat these spanish ones, so when hybrids came up I was NOT impressed!

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 09:06:53 pm »
Aldi are currently selling 5 or so kg  sacks of British Daffs for £4.99  if you can get to a local store before they run out .

We got two sacks six years ago and are really starting to see the daffs in good bloom .
 I haven't been taking up the bulbs either,  just putting  an annual November 3 to 4 inch thick mulch of well composted matter and sprinkle of well composted manures over each bed instead .
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS