Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Meet Jack  (Read 2976 times)

CarolineJ

• Joined Dec 2015
  • North coast of Scotland
Meet Jack
« on: September 10, 2016, 06:47:25 pm »
Say hello to Jack, who is going to be my sheepdog  ;D

He's six weeks old today and will be coming home to us in three weeks' time on the weekend of 1st/2nd October.  Both parents are fabulous working dogs and the puppies are only being allowed to go to working homes, so I'm hoping that with his inbred instincts and lots of advice from experienced friends I won't make a hash-up of training him!

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
Re: Meet Jack
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 09:24:50 pm »
ooh gorgeous  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 09:25:31 pm »
Adorable!

Do you have a trainer lined up?  Trainer for you-with-Jack, I mean, not for Jack.  He'll know what to do ;)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 10:51:29 pm »
Looks fab, all the best with him! I will be buying a red welsh pup next year to train to replace my red welsh bitch, which I want to retire, so all very exciting! I wish you all the best with him :)  :thumbsup:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 07:16:30 am »
Fab looking little puppy
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

CarolineJ

• Joined Dec 2015
  • North coast of Scotland
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 07:32:33 am »
Adorable!

Do you have a trainer lined up?  Trainer for you-with-Jack, I mean, not for Jack.  He'll know what to do ;)

She's not an official trainer as such, but my friend round the corner has trained countless sheepdogs over the years and has a team of 10 at the moment, including two new pups this year, so once we have basic obedience she and/or her nephew will be our first point of call for starting working with sheep.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 07:53:47 am »
Very smart. I have a tri coloured bitch with very even markings too.  :thumbsup:

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 06:58:44 pm »
Just lovely. :love:

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 07:36:29 am »
He has a wise and honest face, bless him.

Moobli

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Scotland
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 12:05:41 pm »
What a beautiful collie pup.  We only sell our (occasional) litters to working homes too.  I look forward to hearing how you get on together.  It is wonderful to see the natural instinct in collie pups, even when just a few weeks old, although we don't start any real training until they are old enough to get past the sheep (and only then with an older dog to hold the sheep).  Have fun!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS