Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pork expenses spreadsheet  (Read 5546 times)

jacob and Georgina

• Joined May 2010
Re: Pork expenses spreadsheet
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 08:30:56 pm »
A good spreadsheet there winslow porker. I was interested to see the cost of the food, seems quite cheap to me? what food did you use and how were you able to keep the costs to £56. Did you use any thing else to substitute? Have not got any pigs yet but in my estimated costs i allowed a lot more than that so will be interested to hear from you? Roughly how much do you think it will cost per pig in food to take them from 8-10 weeks to slaughter weight? Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 08:40:34 pm »
Hi Jacob,

These are not the costs for my pigs, this is just an example spreadsheet.

The food i used was Heygates Growth Pellets 20KG £5.67 per bag, but you can get a 30p discount per bag if you order 25 bags. For our 7 pigs we will have got through approx 60 bags of food, plus i got a sack of bread from the butcher every fortnight, and because we were soppy we would buy them apples,bananas and brocolli when it was reduced along with any milk that we could get reduced, so probably spent an extra £50 over the course of time.

Tomorrow i will try and put the full costs up

jacob and Georgina

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 08:44:23 pm »
thanks very much looking forward to seeing that spreadsheet. So talking in very rough figures if i was to allow £200 in total for food for two pigs do you think that will cover it??

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 12:39:30 pm »
Hi Jacob i will be putting up my true costs hopefully this week and will put a new thread which should give you a good indication of costs.

WIth regards to your pigs, you base the feed on 1lb of food per month of age so your 12week olds will each eat 3lb food per day, and they like to have it in two meals breakfast and dinner, or mine did anyway. if you use that calc you should be able to quite accurately be able to work out what they will need to eat.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS