Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pork expenses spreadsheet  (Read 5547 times)

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
Pork expenses spreadsheet
« on: May 25, 2010, 11:00:33 am »
Hi guys,

I have attached simple excel document which i have used for doing my first 7 pigs, this is the master document and not the one with my real costs as i will post them later today, once i have final costs from abbatoir.

Most of this docket should in theory populate itself so you only really need to fill in the first two sheets, for those of you unfamiliar with MS Excel at the bottom left of the document you will see 4 tabs - Expenses, Sales, Cut List and Box Labels.

Expenses is self explanotary as should be sales, yes you have to enter the 'Qty' twice, once is to give you a nuermical calculation of how many pigs you have sold, the other one will populate itself into the cut list and box labels.
Cut list, you will need to manually enter if there are any sausages going and what the customer wants for the offal. bear in mind this is aimed at people like me who take their carcasses to a local butcher for cutting, just to help them out and make your life easier. At the bottom of the 'Cut List' is a free text area for any special instructions to the butcher.
Box Labels - in theory you only need to go here to print them off, the whole page is locked and if you have completed the sales tab correctly it should automatically produce these for you just to print.

I Hope this is of help but am very thick skinned so if you want any edits I will post a topic to get all feedback, or if you have any question chuck it on this forum and i will try and help.

:pig: :wave:

Olly398

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Herts
    • Brixton's Bounty
Re: Pork expenses spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 11:17:05 am »
Tidy and functional spreadheet there WP. Can I ask what GH cost means in the expenses tab?
Would be interested to see your final costs.
All the best
Olly

P.S. What is your excuse for using the dreaded Comic Sans MS?  ;)  :o
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:29:53 am by Olly398 »
also blogging at...

Brixton's Bounty

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 12:11:13 pm »
Hi Olly,

Sorry thought I had formated the font looks like v1.0 is en route!! GH is my initial which i also need to remove as this was the basic sheet ofr our joint pig venture

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 12:23:28 pm »
eyuck!  i HATE liver and kidney WP!!!

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 12:28:39 pm »
Sorry Egglady i sure Wiz will have the extra  :yum:

Olly398

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Herts
    • Brixton's Bounty
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 12:31:30 pm »
Cheers WP ha ha was just a geeky joke  ;)

Egglady I am sure I have heard my girlfriend utter this exact sentence.

How can we educate you on the finer things in life?  ;D :pig:  :farmer:
also blogging at...

Brixton's Bounty

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 12:43:54 pm »
No probs Olly, it was our standard workplace typeface and finally we have changed it!!

Funnily enough Mrs WP is the same about liver................... However give her a slab of pate and its gone in seconds!!!!

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 12:54:55 pm »
Can someone please c&p this to notepad so i can read it too   :D

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 01:01:46 pm »
Daveravey,
you can download a copy of OpenOffice free . It can do all Microsoft office can do but costs nowt ..EVER !!!
Once you have open office on your pc , you can then open , view, save or make new files in all MO file formats.
 It is a large download and can take some time ...but it is FREE !!!  ;D ;D

cheers

Russ

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 01:44:32 pm »
W.P.Thats wonderful is there enough to make Liver Pate ,dry fried with bacon mushrooms sausage and tomato, slow cook with onions Now for the Kidney I could make a steak or Kidney Pudn' or a steak and Kidney pie Fry a bit with the liver or if its winter Kidney soup it's well met here.Then we could get a bit of belly pork and make Faggots or Haslet or even a basin of souse (brawn to you egg lady) That should have given her a few ideas W.P. and if she don't know how to it's all in recipes  :( :o :'( :D :D :pig: :farmer:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:57:19 pm by Wizard »
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 01:53:24 pm »
W.P. I forgot to mention Please don't fly to near the sun Look what happened to Daedalus's son Icarus!What would Princess say if you lost all your feathers?Save that project for a rainy day ;D :wave:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:55:51 pm by Wizard »
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Susie

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 03:21:01 pm »
Hi WP,
Great spreadsheet thank you. We are getting our first pigs next month so its good to see what the costs are. Could I just ask what breed you had and how long you kept them for please?
Thanks,
Susie

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 06:45:14 pm »
Daveravey,
you can download a copy of OpenOffice free . It can do all Microsoft office can do but costs nowt ..EVER !!!
Once you have open office on your pc , you can then open , view, save or make new files in all MO file formats.
 It is a large download and can take some time ...but it is FREE !!!  ;D ;D

cheers

Russ

Thanks Russ

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 07:05:20 pm »
eyuck!  i STILL hate liver and all things offal-y......

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 08:14:39 pm »
Hi Susie we had Saddleback cross GOS and we took them to slaughter yesterday which was about 6 months old, the abbatoir said they were fantastic pigs soi was well chuffed.
Tomorrow i hope to put all of the costs up on a new post and will break it down as best i can........beware pigs are addictive :pig: :o

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS