Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from Grange in the North East of Scotland  (Read 3119 times)

greenfingers

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Grange by Keith, Banffshire
Hello from Grange in the North East of Scotland
« on: July 11, 2008, 05:30:55 pm »
Hello,
My name is Elaine and I live in the North East of Scotland about 25 miles from Elgin and 6 miles or so from the Moray Firth. We moved here 2 years ago and renovated an old farmhouse.  We have around 1 acre of land which is surrounded by a working farm. This year we have concentrated on the garden. At present I have a large vege plot growing a variety of vegetables as organic as possible and trying very hard to keep the rabbits.  We aim to get around a dozen hens in the next few weeks, the land needs to be cleared first and the hen house built for them and fenced in.
I live here with my husband Stuart and our 2 labradors, Tia & Barney.  We both work, though I only work part time as most of my time is spent out in the garden trying to keep the weeds down and grow my veg, which includes my tomatoes in the green house.  The land has not been used for 10 years or so so you can imagine how the weeds etc are. I used to have nice clean hands and manicured nails when working in an office as a PA but not any more, they seem to be permantly dirt stained now.
Elaine   :chook:
Elaine

Always look on the bright side of life, de dum, de dum de dum, de dum!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Hello from Grange in the North East of Scotland
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 10:08:15 pm »
Hi, Elaine

Welcome to the TAS forums. Nice part of the country where you are.

I know what you mean about the hands - there are bits of mine that never look completely clean, even if I scrub them with the nailbrush!

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 10:20:47 pm »
Welcome Elaine - this is a lovely site to be part of.  Looking forward to your future postings.

Kate  :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

greenfingers

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Grange by Keith, Banffshire
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 12:17:33 pm »
Welcome Elaine - this is a lovely site to be part of.  Looking forward to your future postings.

Kate  :pig:

Hi Kate,
Many Thanks for your welcome,
Elaine

Always look on the bright side of life, de dum, de dum de dum, de dum!!

Bog Spavin

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Nr Malton, North Yorkshire.
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 10:57:02 am »
Pigs will turn that land over and root up your weeds. ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS