Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bit of advertising  (Read 5962 times)

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
Bit of advertising
« on: May 15, 2010, 11:16:45 pm »
I know i have mentioned it before, just a reminder or what ever it is, that the Fife Show (Cupar) is on Saturday 22nd May, gates open at 8.30 (i think, well exhibitors have to be  ;D )

As i forgot to put up the poster i was sent with my entry confirmation, i will mention it on here  :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 11:18:45 pm by CameronS »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Bit of advertising
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 11:51:19 pm »
And if anyone who likes dogs is in the Edinburgh area, the Scottish Kennel Club Championship Show is on at Ingliston from Friday to Sunday - admittance charges: Adult:  £5.00, Child/Senior Citizen:  £3.00, Family Ticket:  £12.00 (admits 2 adults and up to 2 children);and £3 for the car park (NCP)
Judging starts 9.30 and goes on to 4 ish - details here http://www.scottishkennelclub.org/index.php?option=com_simplecalendar&controller=simplecalendar&view=detail&id=2
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 12:24:46 am »
Love dogs but no moeny and no time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 10:54:38 am »
I'll be stewarding Friday, so have a free pass, and showing on Saturday so paid for my entries weeks ago.  Hope the weather stays like todcay!  Sunny and warm.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 11:06:28 am »
Cameron, what is it you are showing?

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 11:25:43 am »

Will be working on Saturday but my friends who farm just along the road from me are going, They were telling me that is is a very good show.
Hugh goes all over the country judging sheep so they know a good show when they see one. Hope the weather stays fine for you and good luck to anyone who has entries.
Anne

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 09:33:28 pm »
Cameron, what is it you are showing?

i am showing 5 chooks, + extras
My LS male,
a "Utility" bird,
a Scots Dumpy (even if she is long legged  ;D ),
My Pekin male (which sadly lost a few tail featherd the day after i filled out my form, so don't have high hopes)
and a cross breed female
12 various eggs

A joint effort me and my sister have meringues in the open baking
+ a rabbit or two if i decide on the day that i can be botherd catching them

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 09:37:53 pm »
Elmwood College open day on the 30th of May - not sure but I think it opens at 10 (or 12) , will check. Great for plants :&>

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 10:38:43 pm »
A fair bit then, good luck I hope you do well. It was at the Fife Show last year that I was introduced to Golden Guernsey goats, so much so that I had to get myself 2 and travel hundreds of miles for them! :goat: :goat:

Sandy

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 11:21:28 pm »
I would love to breed rare birds!!  I suppose I could but shall give my repect to those that do

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 11:56:38 pm »
You are going to be busy Cameron with all that lot to show, and the meringues too.  I am sure you will have a good day at the show, whatever the results.  But good luck with it!!

A friends grandson always enters his poultry in the local agricultural shows, and does well.  I have offered my two Pekin boys, for him to show this year.  I have enough on showing the ponies.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 04:16:18 pm »
Did you win anything, Cameron? If we'd had badges I would have said "Hello"...

I must say that every time I am shocked that in these temperatures so many birds don't get a drink, only some keepers seem to care enough at all!!! so many were already suffering at 11 o'clock,I could just not do that to my birds! :&>
I hope I don't miss the deadline for the home skills entries next time, though - when was it?? Must be more organized  ;D

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 04:28:41 pm »
I got a first, a second and two thirds with my hens, and a second with my tinted eggs  :D  overall a good day.

The weather was far to warm, ad i was glad my birds had water, they were in the minority though, if i had know it was going to be so warm i would not have entered.

i think the deadline was late April

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 05:43:40 pm »
It was far too warm inside the poultry tent for me, so it must've been torture for the birds.

Had a great day tho'

Said hello to NFD, but she was obv too busy muching on pastry & never heard me   ;)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 06:22:15 pm »
so sorry, Dave! I don't remember nibbling any in the exhibition tent, lol :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS