Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dryvent fans  (Read 2351 times)

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
Dryvent fans
« on: July 27, 2016, 12:23:36 pm »
Has anyone any experience of Dryvent fans? - those that detect the humidity levels and automatically come one, for bathrooms and kitchens

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
Re: Dryvent fans
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 03:49:43 pm »
We have one in our downstairs shower room. It is utterly useless. It doesn't seem to care if the room is steamy but happily comes on if it damp outside. I am not convinced it has confused it's purpose and thinks it should be nice and damp inside. Personally I would go for a simple switch on and it stays on for 10 minute job, we have one in the upstairs bathroom and never a problem.

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 04:15:28 pm »
Hmm ,that's interesting , thanks!  I know they are jolly expensive, and don't want to fork out for one if they are duff :).

greenbeast

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 09:01:18 pm »
I also had no luck with a fancy humidistat fan, ended up just running it on timer

Ollyh

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 06:36:06 am »
Have a look at the eco vent range, ive two and once adjusted work very well as a low energy constant back round vent system

Maggy

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 08:42:46 am »
Another thumbs down here for the auto sensor fan - we had one in our bathroom and it was very erratic to say the least.  Replaced with the 10 minute over run type with an override switch which is brilliant and really does the job it's supposed to.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS