Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 2 Lleyn rams for sale, Ceredigion!  (Read 2433 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
2 Lleyn rams for sale, Ceredigion!
« on: July 16, 2016, 09:21:26 pm »
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 09:59:06 am by waterbuffalofarmer »
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Re: Rams for sale!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 09:24:30 pm »
I read the first description too fast and thought it said "good on feet and even has big balls"  :roflanim:
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 09:26:25 pm »
I read the first description too fast and thought it said "good on feet and even has big balls"  :roflanim:
Are you sure you wouldn't like one of the rams [member=2128]Womble[/member]  :innocent:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 09:34:14 pm »
No thanks, there's a load of b*llocks around here already without adding to them.

Are they yours then?  I thought you'd just linked to an interesting advert.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 10:57:19 pm »
Yea they are. The first ad is one of my homebred ones, the second ad is his dad. If you know anyone who wants any rams could you let em know I have a couple for sale?

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 08:00:04 am »
WBF  to make it clearer in the future could you put something in the subject line to show when the stock is yours or  when you have plucked an ad from preloved .....  makes it easier for us readers.  Thank you
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 08:17:24 am »
WBF  to make it clearer in the future could you put something in the subject line to show when the stock is yours or  when you have plucked an ad from preloved .....  makes it easier for us readers.  Thank you

Actually, I don't think linking to third party ads is appropriate in Marketplace at all, is it?  Unless it's a friend of the TASer, I guess, in which case the TASer would say so.

Also, as it says really rather loudly when posting in Marketplace, please put the location in the subject line.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 08:26:31 am »
I think 'it depends' Sally. If somebody has found something unusual for sale that would definitely be of interest to others then fair enough. If it's just a random link then there's little benefit.

What I would say though WBF is with a title like "rams for sale", you're going to get loads of views but probably little interest - it's not focused enough. Better to make it "Lleyn rams for sale in Ceredigion", include the price in your ad, and of course photos. Sure, you'll get fewer views but IME you're far more likely to get a sale that way, partly because google will then pick up the thread and make it available to non-TAS members.

OK, enough discussion on a sales thread. Apologies for the hijak WBF, and good luck with the sale  :thumbsup: .

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS