Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: walk-about porkers....  (Read 1624 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
walk-about porkers....
« on: May 11, 2010, 06:39:55 pm »
one of our girls must have changed her centre of gravity... she found if she leans far enough over her little fence, squashing down the wire she topplled over it like a weeble!
I watched it in slow motion - I was getting their tea ready and boy were they excited!

first time she calmly followed the bucket back to the gate (after a nibble at anyting green on the way)
As it was getting dark, we built a barricade at the place low enough for her to get over, fed them well and left them.

more fool us... come this morning - one pig not two!
she'd smashed her way through the barricade, had a good rummage roumd the garden, as evidenced by little poo piles in unexpected places
   then she'd found her way to the front - our gates are still loose where the hay-man ripped off the gate and knocked down half the gate post with his trailer  and we think shes gone out that way, up the road abit and into our neighbours' garden!

she grunted in reply when we called her, I ran round and after a LONG argy-bargy, we "persuaded" her to come home - had to cut a hole in the fence to make it easier!

So we've spent the day re-inforcing the pig pen, making it higher......... and keeping the girls well fed to reduce the temptation of greener grass.
And the ****dy pig has been sleeping off the excitement!!

:pig:        :pig:        :pig:     
Little Blue

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
Re: walk-about porkers....
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 09:27:35 pm »
im more surprised at the hay man knocking down your gate wall !
has he coughed up any dosh yet?
this game is to expensive as it is, without people doing that!
anyway sounds like you had fun!  :pig:
Langdon ;)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: walk-about porkers....
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 10:06:10 pm »
not sure "fun" is the word....
;)
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS