Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rules for selling produce.  (Read 2693 times)

Faye.Lear

• Joined Mar 2016
Rules for selling produce.
« on: June 09, 2016, 10:42:54 am »
I'm hoping to make some jam, but want to know if there are any regs for selling it from the farm gate?

I will also be growing veg next year and will probably sell the surplus from the gate too, and from what I have read, that is fine, I just can't seem to find anything concrete to say that selling processed food is ok.

Any help much appreciated  :)

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
Re: Rules for selling produce.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 11:47:58 am »
We're in England, and when I spoke to trading standards about it last year, we just had to fill out a form for producing preserves as its low risk - no inspection - then your kitchen is good to go.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 02:20:13 pm »
If you're in Wales however the EHO's are very strict so will need to inspect kitchen beforehand. I would check with your local health inspectors of EHO's and ask them it really depends where you live.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

greenbeast

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 08:09:23 pm »
Labelling rules (for 'farm gate' sales) are pretty lenient compared to selling through shops

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS