Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Alsatian bites little piggies!  (Read 9287 times)

charlie

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: Alsatian bites little piggies!
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2010, 06:24:17 pm »
Yes lunanlife the main culprit in all of this is the owner.They have spoiled a good g s d by letting it roam.But the dog cant now never be trusted.So the dog should be put to sleep. And let hope these hard hard lesson be taken on bored. And lets face it its no life for a dog to be on a lead all it life .

hot hog

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2010, 12:22:49 pm »
If i was you i would have shot the dog by now! these owners of dog like these need to be held account for their actions. it makes me really mad when people dont control their pets i had problems with dog not to long again and my trusty .22 had to come out of its hiding place. i must add i did not shoot the dog just waved it at the dogs owner lol not see dog or owner since.

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2010, 05:02:26 pm »
I have a GSD and was horrified to read this and the lack of responsibility of the owner, I am afraid I don't care how sweet the owner is she obviously has no respect for animals including her own as she is putting them all at risk. GSD are highly intelligent and are very habit forming (except mine who can hardly remember where his food bowl is) they need to be controlled and taught thing which obviously she is incapable of. I would report her to the local animal welfare/dog warden and also take all vets bills to her to pay. 1 attackis a fluke serveral is irresponsible and obviously her fencing was not erected to keep a GSD in.

lunanlife

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2010, 10:07:13 am »
Why can't the dog be retrained? Dogs are easier to rehabilitate than some people. Why don't we put people to sleep who attack others, we wouldn't have overcrowded prisons! If it was this persons child who was repeatedly attacking the pigs would we also put the child to sleep!

It is a problem nation wide. There are to many people who have animals who can't take care of them. This is one case where the owner of the dog can't be bothered to sort out her dog. Welfare of animal laws are far to relaxed. In my opinion if you are not there to watch over and be in charge of your animals for the best part of the day then you shouldn't have them.

Now on the other hand if nothing was being done and the dog was repeatedly attacking my livestock and a real danger to them then I probably would also shoot it. In that respect it is a matter of protecting my own.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2010, 11:00:50 am »
This is a police matter and needs to be dealt with as fast as possible. The dog has got away with it and will carry on attacking the pigs. This person is not fit to be a German Shepherd owner. As others have said, what will the dog attack next.  >:( >:( >:(

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2010, 12:59:28 pm »
There will be oceans of tears and blood when it attacks a child and all the dog lovers will be making excuses like its the owners fault IT IS NOT THE OWNERS FAULT It's the dogs fault. Shoot the bloody thing NOW before the tragedy happens ??? >:( :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS