Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sad week  (Read 3693 times)

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
Sad week
« on: April 17, 2016, 09:19:30 pm »
ahh we lost 2 cats this week.
my 22 year old Persian x finally gave up after a long and happy life.

unfortunately my daughters cat who was 2 and a half, was found dead in the garden. no apparent injury, clean fur, no blood, vomit or diahorrea, no broken bones. a good healthy fit cat, all worming up to date etc. we have guessed a heart attack but still shocked at his death. what would cause this? iv no idea.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Sad week
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 10:56:47 pm »
So sorry to hear this.  The old ones leave a hole, but at least you know they've had a lovely life.  How terrible to have such a young cat die so suddenly, and not know why.   :hug: :hug:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 07:59:15 am »
 :( :bouquet:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 09:25:21 am »
 :hug: :hug: Agree with Sally. We've lost old cats and I'm sad for us, not for them as they've had a good long life. But we lost a young cat in a road accident - he was two - and that hurt a lot.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 10:50:23 am »
Having lost my old cat a couple of weeks ago I can imagine how you feel but to have lost the young one too is very sad.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Somewhere_by_the_river

• Joined Dec 2013
  • Near Llandeilo
    • Angela French Graphite Artist
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 02:10:10 pm »
 :hug: It's never easy loosing much loved pets, they are just as much a member of your family. We lost a 4 year old cat with no warning a few years ago, he was happy and healthy, we just came down in the morning to find what looked like sleep wasn't. It's a big shock when it happens and I really feel for you all. There are a number of things it could be when you look into it, but unless you want the expense and additional trauma of a post mortem I'm afraid there is no way to know and this is perhaps for the best. Remember the good times and look to the future, there's another fury bundle of fun with your name on it just waiting to share the cupboard love when you to decide the time is right.

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 04:39:54 pm »
post mortem is out of the question as we had the funeral yesterday. buried amongst flowers and lots of love letters.

I don't know why an apparently healthy cat would just die.
thanks everyone

Hevxxx99

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 08:16:45 am »
So sorry. :hug: I guess these things just happen sometimes, but it doesn't make it any easier.
OTOH, 22 is a fantastic age for a cat.  :thinking:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 02:07:21 pm »
post mortem is out of the question as we had the funeral yesterday. buried amongst flowers and lots of love letters.

I don't know why an apparently healthy cat would just die.
thanks everyone
I never do PMs - it's an intrusion to my mind.  I'm so sorry about your youngster, probably was a heart stoppage.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 09:50:34 am »
so sorry  :hug:

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 12:38:25 am »
 :bouquet:

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS