Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 2008 times)

NethertonSH

• Joined May 2015
    • Netherton Smallholding
Is it just me?
« on: May 04, 2016, 03:41:55 pm »
Is it just me or does anyone else sit at their desk all day procrastinating about all things smallholding?

In 6 months time (all going to plan) I'll have a PhD but all I want to do is farm!!  :farmer:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 03:57:42 pm »
I procrastinate about most things. A very bad habit. It's over thinking stuff. :eyelashes:

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 04:49:20 pm »
No. It's not just you.  My time on this website is 70% useful learning and 30% procrastination except on the days when it is the other way round. The joys of livestock is you can spend all the time that isn't occupied in cleaning up their poo in thinking about them.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 04:52:26 pm »
Sounds good, all the best with the PhD. I think and talk about my animals and fields incessantly, boring I know, but it sometimes helps you to think about what you would like to do next and I find it helps me come up with new ideas too. I think to some degree we all procrastinate about what we do in our lives, it is the way human beings are and it also helps us to look forward always learning and coming up with new ideas and plans; Hope this doesn't sound like am preaching :roflanim:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

NethertonSH

• Joined May 2015
    • Netherton Smallholding
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 05:15:14 pm »
No it doesn't sound like you're preaching, you make procrastination sound like a good thing. I think it would be if it was to do with my work/PhD rather than where I would rather be. I just need that perfect idea/plan to pop into my head that means I can farm/smallhold full-time!

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 09:21:37 am »
Sorry I meant to reply earlier. .............. :roflanim:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 12:15:10 pm »
I procrastinate every day - play pet rescue saga on Facebook  :innocent:  My bad.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rhea

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Wye Valley
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 08:39:54 pm »
Wish it was only you - spent today staring blankly at a computer whilst thinking how much fun the pigs were probably having at home in the sun.

My OH thinks I'm going to get sacked  ;D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 12:34:55 am »
Then you could be at home with the pigs.  :pig: :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS