Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: millys cough  (Read 5553 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: millys cough
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 11:34:23 pm »
You know Langdon, you really care about your animals - thats obvious from your concern for them, and questions about them too.  No one will think you make up the complaints about your goat - they would just think you are a caring owner!!!

Hopefully Mollys cough will go away.  Horses get coughs sometimes, and molasses, or treacle in water helps to get rid of the tickle in their throat.  In fact, I caught a friend giving her horse who had a cough, some golden syrup cake one day!!!

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 06:04:54 pm »
thanks roxy ;) :goat:
Langdon ;)

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 06:26:01 pm »
just been looking up goats with coughs, interesting.
it talked alot about goats that have coughs usually  have a temp maybe, sometimes nose discharge and a rattle noise
coming from lung if its a problem there.
well molly has none of these(thank god :D).
it also talked about lung worm and maybe changing the worming product that one uses.
i have used panacur twice on the girls, if i were to try a different one that is really effective for goats which one would it be?.
it also said that if the cough has been going on for a long time with no other serioius problems following it might not be an illness at all.
what do you think roxy?
poor molly she has'nt had it good so far on the ' funny farm ' :(
p.s. they love the kwikbeet!!  :goat:
langdon ;D
Langdon ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS