Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: permited development  (Read 6582 times)

juliem

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: permited development
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 08:52:27 pm »
Checked out some of the conditions that my authority have imposed on successful applications..
All development must be completed within 3 years....lots of conditions to do with possible contamination of the land (This particular application was a piggery) and then of course there is the usual wild life complications..owls. bats and in my case swifts.

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 09:35:45 pm »
I have an old barn which seems to tick all the boxes....but it is not very high and with only few windows.(brick built) .I know you have to stick to the original dimensions  but I am wondering if height is negotiable or windows in a roof.
As my local authority seem to be so helpful (??) I might pop in and ask them for advice. Rather that than pay an agent.

No you have to stick to the same height, but you can alter the position of windows, so I believe windows  in the roof would be ok.
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

valmet10

• Joined Mar 2016
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 08:51:16 pm »
just been looking at a few applications my LA have refused , they seem to  refuse if the building needs to much work to convert to a dwelling ,refused one for having window that would cause light pollution . ad because it was on an a working farm where there was noise and smells , looks like I could have fun when I apply ,think if nicks (above link ) was with my LA then it would be refused

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 10:04:36 am »
Best place to check is the planning portal and go through the planning appeals.
https://acp.planningportal.gov.uk/CaseSearch.aspx

Apparently a lot of councils have been dragging their feet.

Do not be afraid to go to appeal if need be, my council fed me total crap on a enforcement notice
and the planning inspector really is independent, and gives a unbiased view unlike a lot of council planning officers

juliem

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 08:53:31 pm »
My local authority seem to be getting quite a few applications..particularly from local large estates..Are they anticipating this temporary window is going to close from next April.
My barn would be of more use to me as a granny flat.This is exempt for council tax.
My neighbour has numerous family members
Iving in converted bits of his farmhouse...but only seems to pay one lot of council tax.
Multi generational houses are getting quite popular in my village...4/5 bedroomed houses for half a million pounds plus.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS