Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: for plumseverywhere  (Read 4212 times)

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
for plumseverywhere
« on: April 14, 2010, 08:46:33 pm »
how is that shed shed/shelter for the goats coming on? :goat:
langdon
Langdon ;)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: for plumseverywhere
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 08:29:28 am »
Hello Langdon  :)

well Saturday is designated shed completion day. I've got the goats coming Sunday!  we've found lots of wood and my mother in law has also offered some panels. When we moved here there was loads of shed roofing materials and the like left over so I'm hoping that we won't need to actually go out to buy too much, that way hubby can crack on nice and early  ;)
I went to a farm park yesterday with the children and took a few pics of the shelters they have for their goats there on my phone so we can refer to them too.
The goats are coming from the most beautiful house though! they are living in what seems to be a chalet with windows and everything, not sure what they'll make of what they end up with here  ;D

Lisa
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 07:14:13 pm »
excellent!!!!

im sure what ever the style your goats are going to love it.
hope you wont have to be running around after them when you get them first,
like we had to in the beginning.
they ate their way through the surrounding hedge so i had to put up a 6ft chain link fence to stop them!
before that they kept hoping over my make shift gate untill we got a better one( its still a make shift one!)
anyway good luck you will love them our two little ones absolutley love them.
any names yet?
langdon :goat:

Langdon ;)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 07:37:31 pm »
I have a feeling we will be chasing them all over the village! when the jacobs were grazing our hill I remember the Tesco man coming with our shopping and apologising for being late because "there are black and white sheep all over the road", several hours later we were mending fences  ::) 

no names yet. won't leave it to the children though or it will be 'barbie' or 'stargazer' or something  ;D  so far my 7 and 8 year olds are offering to learn to milk but we'll see!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 09:42:37 pm »
brill

ours are milly and molly
guess what?
go on guess????
our goats are a toggie and a sannan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we found the toggies are more adventures than the sannan, molly is the sannan she is just happy to eat and sit eat and sit,
while milly the toggie wants to explore, find ways of getting out, she just cant sit still!
but they are great.
we bought them as a pair they were brought up together, when one needs to be separated fron the other for what
ever the reason they really baaa baaa for the other.
Langdon ;)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 11:32:41 pm »
I think ALL breeds of goats have the wonderlust and like to leave home if they can!!  The 5 Franks (4 big toggs and a big alpine) have one ringleader who escapes and gets them all wanting out.  And Billy the little Sannan is a well known escape artist too.

I sometimes wish I had a full time goat herder to watch them all and stop them looking for ways out of the field.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 08:08:35 am »
so I'm going to be chasing goats for a while then?!  ;D   just as well I've quit work to be a mum and animal woman!!
love the names Milly and MOlly! my lovely old cat who died last year was Molly and our eldest daughter is Milli! I think the twin boys (togs) might be reggie and ronnie but we'll see.

am thinking of having a go at making goats milk soap with a trade name of 'Baaa-th time' what do you think?!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 09:45:36 am »
am thinking of having a go at making goats milk soap with a trade name of 'Baaa-th time' what do you think?!

Love it!  ;D

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 07:22:37 pm »
sounds brill to me ;)
Langdon ;)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 11:32:51 pm »
Reggie and Ronnie may be apt names if your goats go on the run.......like the great train robbers.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 12:11:19 am »
Plums,

I have got all the ingredients I need to start making goat's milk soap. I haven't made any yet as we had a delay for a month or two where we were short of milk. But as soon as I get some free time at the weekend, I will make a batch.

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS