Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Garden Fence Ideas  (Read 6091 times)

Jakebob

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Stirling
Garden Fence Ideas
« on: April 27, 2010, 09:55:05 pm »
We are going to be putting up a new garen fence very soon. Not sure what we are planning yet, any ideas? 3 sides of our property is surrounded by a field and the other is a single track tarred road.

What kind of garden fence do you have?

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
Re: Garden Fence Ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:03:11 pm »
I've decided to create an "edible" fence/hedge over the next 12 months or so - sloes/rosehips/crab apple, that kind of thing - good for wildlife and also good for us i think!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 10:48:17 pm »
Sounds good to me - do you need a support fence to start it off?  I have fence posts and can run wire along it but wonderd if they'd need more support than that.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 09:22:50 am »
Sounds good to me - do you need a support fence to start it off?  I have fence posts and can run wire along it but wonderd if they'd need more support than that.

Hi Annie, I didnt think of that, i just kind of thought they'd grow up and do their own thing!  but on reflection can see why i'd need a support to get them started.  luckily i havent started (other than to gather saplings), so that's a good tip - thank you
Laura

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 05:19:57 pm »
I think sloes and rosehips are pretty much doing their own thing without support. I'd just cut them into the shape you want them in from next year or they can get quite big. :&>

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 11:54:35 pm »
We have acres of wooden fence, up to about 4ft high, as in the pics. It feels like I have a personal Forth Rail Bridge though, as painting it is never ending.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 11:56:54 pm »
Oh I have also been trying to establish a hedge between the border of the goats area, and the garden, but it hasn't been going very well. However, we went for the option we wanted a hedge the goats could eat, or that we could prune for the goats, so it is hawthorn, beech and willow!

Beth

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 02:17:27 am »
I want your fence! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Touchwood

• Joined Nov 2009
    • http://touchwoodcraft.webs.com/
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 09:12:16 am »
We've got a similar fence round the veggie plot which I made with the pallet's OH gets from work. Took a bit of time but didn't cost anything other than a bit of stain and some screws.  :) :) :)
Check out http://touchwoodcraft.webs.com/ for environmentally friendly crafts.

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 11:40:18 am »
Touchwood what beautiful things you have on your website!

Touchwood

• Joined Nov 2009
    • http://touchwoodcraft.webs.com/
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 01:15:07 pm »
Thanks for the compliment Valr, ;D ;D ;D  the site still needs some working on but I've been to busy playing with pallets ::)
Check out http://touchwoodcraft.webs.com/ for environmentally friendly crafts.

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 01:30:47 pm »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS