Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pedigree birth notified kune kune piglets for sale Aberdeenshire  (Read 3089 times)

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
Pedigree birth notified kune kune piglets for sale Aberdeenshire
« on: February 16, 2016, 02:03:22 pm »
We have just had a whopping 11 piglets born to our registered gilt, who is doing a fantastic job as a first time mum.
She is an awakino, and dad is te whangi. They are on the kune kune society litters for sale if you want to see their pedigrees, under the Blairshinnoch prefix.
3 boars and 8 gilts have been birth notified.
The boars will be castrated by 6 weeks old unless someone specifically requests a breeding boar and there is one that is good enough quality for breeding.
There are gilts that will likely be sufficient quality for registering as breeding stock, others (including castrated males) could be registered on the pet register. They all have good underlines.
If you would like to see them, we will take visitors from two weeks old to let mum settle with them first, and a deposit will secure until weaning at around 8 weeks old, when they will be wormed ready for their new homes.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 02:05:16 pm by fsmnutter »

HappyHippy

Re: Pedigree birth notified kune kune piglets for sale Aberdeenshire
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 02:47:19 pm »
I know someone looking for a breeding boar Suzanne, breeding looks to be a good fit  :thumbsup:
He's looking to breed mainly for meat - are your boar and gilt bigger sized kunekune?
Ta  :fc:

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 03:00:08 pm »
The boar (stud boar belonging to a friend of a friend) is quite small, but has produced some decent sized pigs (he was rescued from a previous home so I think nurture over nature has restricted his size!), the sow is a reasonable size. The boar piglets have no piri, but one of them was the biggest of the litter when born so I expect him to do well.
We may also have the gilt's father for sale, he is Cumbwe Tutaki I and is about 3 years old, don't know if he would be the right sort of lines. He has produced several litters for us, including our gilt, and unregistered litters that have had some good meat pigs in them.
We are cutting numbers back a bit as we are hoping to move house soon and our grazing is overstocked currently.

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 03:12:48 pm »
Tell me your tutaki's herd book number please  :-* I'll see what he thinks (I think he's looking for a youngster to run on)
I've stopped breeding (hopefully just for a couple of years), OH's health and major shed damage this winter has sadly taken the decision out of my hands  :'(
My wee boar is leaving this week and my sow and litter are going next. That'll leave me a castrate and a young gilt as 'pets' and a couple of older sows here on an extended holiday. Sorry, I digress  :innocent:

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 03:34:51 pm »
"George" is 6126 in the herdbook. More than happy to discuss him or a piglet if this chap is interested.
I'm sure you'll be back breeding soon, kune piglets are addictive! It's a similar position to us, and circumstances sometimes mean one has to cut back for a wee while until everything is just right again. Hope OH is feeling better soon.

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 04:22:51 pm »
Boys now tentatively reserved and firm reservations on some gilts. 2 gilts with piri left, 3 gilts without piri.
Growing well, ready for visitors who would like to come and see if they want some piggy friends!

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 04:19:35 pm »
Two males still for sale, can be castrated if required at no extra cost. Two gilts with piri available (one unsuitable for breeding as has a hernia) two gilts without piri remaining who would be suitable for breeding or as pets or meat pigs.
£100 each for registered, £80 if unregistered.
Pm if you would like to arrange to come and see them and mother and related pigs to see what they grow into.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS