Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: petlog - help  (Read 2158 times)

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
petlog - help
« on: January 09, 2016, 06:10:15 pm »
I asked the vet to microchip 2 dogs on Tuesday, turns out one of them who we acquired in the summer as his owner had no use for him (collie that hates sheep!) is in fact chipped with petlog. The other had no chip so was done by the vet and now I have the chip numbers for both.
On the petlog website I went to update the owner details for the one who was already chipped but I have to send £16 via cheque to do this. I don't have a cheque book so emailed to ask if there was another way of paying this but so far no response!
Anyone else got any experience with petlog/changing details etc?  ???
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
Re: petlog - help
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 06:57:23 pm »
Usually a postal order would be acceptable in most occasions a cheque is requested?
I deal with petlog for everything I put a chip in, or lost dogs and cats and they've always been helpful when I've spoken to them, but I'm not involved with paying them (the practice buys the chips) or changing details(the owner has to do this), so haven't direct experience with that.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 07:03:38 pm »
thanks fsmnutter

I would have that with such a large database/organisation like the kennel club being involved they would have more modern methods for accepting payments, changing details etc. Especially as banks as supposed to be phasing cheques out altogether at some point. but saying that, with all the security issues involved with online banking etc they are just being cautious
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 07:47:14 pm »
agh    >:(

got my petlog registration confirmation details tonight and the vet has somehow managed to register my dog to someone else!!!!
some phonecalls to do tomorrow  ::)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 08:17:20 pm »
I sent Bryn's away weeks ago - with a £16 cheque - not heard a peep. Good reminder.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS