Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Flooding in aberdeenshire  (Read 1689 times)

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
Flooding in aberdeenshire
« on: January 07, 2016, 09:26:31 pm »
I'm very glad OH got back from work in Aberdeen tonight as it seem that Aberdeen is now almost impossible to get out of.  the A90 South is impassable as is the A96 to Inverness, there are no trains running in any direction and the airport is now closed due to a hole in the runway  :o

Fortunately the trench I dug across the drive is managing to divert the water from the house and it has now turned to snow up here so hopefully that will hold over night  :fc:
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Flooding in aberdeenshire
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 09:32:12 pm »
Hope the worst is past. It's wetter here that I've ever seen it but we're nowhere near as bad as a lot of places. Just hope folk (and livestock) are safe.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 07:52:10 am »
We've had minor flooding down here but nothing like other parts of the country. Stay safe all of you and don't take any risks!

Talana

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 11:52:18 am »
So, glad today the sun is shining ,not a breath of wind. It's so good to see the sun. Children off school today.
Yesterday my children got sent home early, just as well as a short time later the bridge at Sauchen was under water so wouldn't have got  home. The sheer amount of water everywhere was unbelievable the never ending rain,so many people flooded and cut off. Rivers of water coming out of the wooded hill right across. We are lucky as house and sheds with animals on a hill the burn next to us was roaring last night our lower fields flooded since New Year.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 12:56:25 pm »
I'm glad you're okay Talana, I was a bit worried about you down there
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS