Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Blond Mangalitza's for sale- more pics added  (Read 9488 times)

smiffy

• Joined Jun 2008
    • http://www.northmoor-rarebreeds.com/
Blond Mangalitza's for sale- more pics added
« on: June 21, 2008, 01:49:27 pm »
We have had two litters of pure blond mangalitzas on the south yorkshire/ north lincolnshire border

1st litter born Tuesday 17th June

2nd litter born Wednesday 18th June

All piglets will be registered.

Mangalitzas are very docile, friendly pigs. The sows have been well handled and are extremley tame.

They are very hardy and cope with extremes of weather, all they need is shelter from the worst weather and hot sun. Food and water.

Mangalitza are fantastic smallholder / pet pigs.

Reasonably priced, Delivery possible.

For further information please contact tracey_jaine@msn.com.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 06:02:21 pm by smiffy »

smiffy

• Joined Jun 2008
Re: Blond Mangalitza's for sale
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 09:10:23 pm »
I have added a couple of pics of the pigs

This is one of the sows Molly

And babies a few hours old

I will take some photos this weekend of the littleones running riot!

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 08:24:07 am »
We are talking seriously georgeous here - what stunning photographs!

When ours get here as young ones, I am going to be counting down the days until they are old enough to breed.  I am so looking forward to it.

Is that a litter of 6 there Smiffy? A good number by the looks of it anyway.

You lucky lucky person!

Kate  :pig: :)

Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

smiffy

• Joined Jun 2008
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 07:14:56 pm »
Hi Kate

That was Molly's 1st litter and there were 7. Milly had 6, so in total we have 13 bundles of muddy fun!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 06:32:35 pm »
So gorgeous.

smiffy

• Joined Jun 2008
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 06:01:55 pm »

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: Blond Mangalitza's for sale- more pics added
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 09:01:46 pm »
I love them!! I love the stripes.

Over here we have crossed potbellies, saddlebacks and tamworths with the Swallowbelly and have had some lovely results.  The Tammies are ginger with black stripes, and the potbellies various shades with and without stipes and this latest Potbelly litter are chocolate, again some very distinctively marked with yellow stripes fading to just a hint in others.  Some of the Saddlebacks we born yellowy and retained both the stripes and the colour and two even have the white belly and making on the face and eyes of the Swallowbelly.  All of this of course to aim at variations of meat for processing and pets.  We had a Frenchman arrive last week enquiring about the two female Mangalitza/Saddleback crosses which look very like wild Sanglier. He was thinking about running them in the woods to attract the wild boar. 

My first Swallowbelly Mangalitza litter is due any time now, and I cannot tell you all how I am looking forward to that. It will be a hot line to Carole in Brittany as the days progress now since she is the one with the experience here.  Onslo, our boar is - how shall I put it gracefully - a prolific ---gger with everything accept his own kind.  Rose is ready to burst, so counting down now to a wonderful moment. Now to get him interested in Violet!

Also looking forward to our first Blonde and Red litters next year.

Are they naughty Tracey? Carole was telling me today that some of hers were missing, and she had heart failure looking for them thinking they were gone forever.  They turned up of course, after their big adventure! Maybe it is the French air - our piglets turn into thoughtless thugs at about a month old and worry us all to death!

Kate  :pig:

smiffy

• Joined Jun 2008
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 09:32:51 pm »
Hi Kate

We have had to stock fence the gate! At two weeks old they decided to go for a wonder, much to the distress of molly, who shouted to no avail as the piglets went to explore the cows field! :o

Talking of crosses what do you think these are?

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 11:34:56 pm »
They look Petrien with something - Old Spot - Large White?

Kate  :pig:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 06:22:50 am »
They dont look to have GOS in them the ears are too upright.  Would love to know what cross they are, very pretty piglets.

smiffy

• Joined Jun 2008
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 06:59:12 am »
Kate, Hilarysmum

They are berkshre cross old spot.

Arnt they lovely. We bought two Berkshire sows in pig, should have been to a Berkshire although she did tell us that the old spot got in with the sows so she could not be sure which is fair enough. I would have been upset if I had not been told, but what a cute piglet they produced.

Lots of people have stopped outside the field to look at the new dalmation pigs!

I think we should be charging people to look. We keep the pigs on the outskirts of a village, down a single track road. when we 1st bought the fiels and started fencing we never saw anybody, now we have pigs and cattle its the most popular dog walking route in the village. People even come out in there cars to slow down and look. Prehaps we should start a petting farm ::)

Take care
Tracey

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 08:34:06 am »
I love the one second from right with the really curly ears!

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 10:24:28 am »
I had to think about the GOS connection but decided that with such true spots it was a good guess.  Took a chance on the ear thing though HM.

They are fab though, I would love one - Perdi I think!

Can they swim?

Kate  :D :pig:

smiffy

• Joined Jun 2008
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 08:52:00 pm »
 :D
They are great, we intend to breed pur Berkshire, But after seeing these I have persuaded John to let me cross a sow with an oldspot every now and again. When we 1st saw them John said 'you realise these will all be for meat' within 2 hours he was talking about keeping a gilt back for breeding ::) MEN :D

How many pigs do you have kate, hilarysmum? and what type?

We have 4 mangalitzas + babies and 2 Berkshires + babies, we are thinking british lops next. BUT oh the cost of feed goes up every week it seems ???

We are setting 3 acre to barley this year so by next harvest we can supliment the feed.

Tracey

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 09:34:51 am »
Isnt it odd, everything we cross with a GOS has at least part flopping on the ears yours are upright.  We have Hilary due to give birth in a couple of weeks which could increase our population by around 12 if she follows her normal routine.

Daisy (saddleback x Hilary) Fiona (tammie) and Edwina   (GOS), Oliver Plum (Gos boar ) and several offspring for eating plus Hilary who is GOS x but just thinks of herself has HM (her Majesty).

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS