Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: will I live to be 80?  (Read 2805 times)

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
will I live to be 80?
« on: April 17, 2010, 06:54:14 am »
 This is something to think seriously about.

Will I Live to see 80? 

I recently picked a new primary care doctor.  After two visits and exhaustive Lab tests,
he said I was doing 'fairly well' for my age. (I just turned 60.)   

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do you think I'll live to be 80?'

He asked, 'Do you drink tequila, beer or wine, indulge in chocolate or coffee?'

'Oh no,' I replied.   
Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?

'I said, 'Not much.... my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!'

'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?'

'No, I don't,' I said.

He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?'

'No,' I said. 

He looked at me and said...  'Then, why do you want to live for another 20 years??

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
Re: will I live to be 80?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 07:16:27 am »
 :) :) :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 08:10:37 am »
What a jolly fine doctor Sheila.My Doctor belongs that school do or eat anything you like in moderation Do as much exercise as I can (Walk as far as I can but dont forget if you walk half a mile very good but don't forget you have to walk back.You should take up swimming George said he.Not going to tell you what I replied but it was something to do with hot water and the bath ;D ::) :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 10:05:21 am »
I like that  ;D

bamford6

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 03:24:48 pm »
you need a full scan that will test all then you will no iff you have eney problems  inlarge hart etc thinking off doit my self

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 08:32:54 am »
Gary ,lad.Ive already posted this but I don't know where.I was instructed by my doctor to report to the St Hugh's Hospital here in Grimsby.To have a MRI Scan.On the Saturday between Good Friday and Easter Sunday (03/04/2010 which I did.I was taken through to the rear of the complex where in there stood this magnificent Merc;Tractor Unit and a huge trailer with some beautiful s/steel steps leading up to inside There on my left was the Doughnut machine and on the right an office He explained about me not having any metal in me or on me and why.Right George lie on the bed and utch your left shoulder up under the clamp.I assume this positions me for the right place." I am going to raise the bed and place you in the mouth of the Scanner don't worry it's alright.So it was just a feeling of movement.Then the whole thing went wrong for me A cage came down and pinned me tight to the bed holding my face chest and tummy tight to the bed.I have never been so frightened in my life and shout to let me out. Which he did and helped me into a sitting position on the bed where I sat for a good while shaking with fear.Eventually  I managed to get dressed and leave.He told me this is not unusual lots of patients have to be let out because its to Claustrophobic.I went home and eventually to bed where I kept waking up with this thing pressing me,same on Sunday and Monday On Tuesday I went to see my friendly GP who let me have some tablets and serious instruction on their use I was back to normall by the weekend.What an experience I feel if I had been warned this thing came down to hold me still I would have been prepared and OK but!
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

bamford6

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 08:40:03 am »
that does not seem good you pay up front so iff that happend thats £750 dawn the pan .

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS