Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 30% of selected products and free delivery at Fearing until midnight 2nd Novembe  (Read 5625 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Title says it all

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
Unfortunately this doesn't seem to include remote areas.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Hopefully this is completely off topic...

Earlier this month, a textile/yarn company, Texere, went into liquidation.  The weekend before which they had a 50% off sale.

Whilst it is not yet certain that orders placed in those last few days will not be fulfilled, many of the customers have processed claims through their bank / credit card / PayPal, some of which have now received their money back.  One or two were not covered by their card's or Bank's insurances and will have lost their money if their order does not show up.  On the whole, people who'd used PayPal seemed to have been the most protected.  However, many of these were smallish orders - £35 to a max of £180 have been discussed - and the situation may differ for larger amounts.

I'm sure the situation is completely different at Fearing, but thought I'd post the cautionary tale.  Do check the Ts & Cs on your card/Bank etc before placing any order - not just this one, of course. 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Sally, you have echoed my thoughts.

I am still waiting for my Texere order although am optimistic as they sent me an email on Monday saying it was with their 3rd party packers. Lets hope they are right.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Fearing aren't going into liquidation. Why woud you say that [member=10673]SallyintNorth[/member] ?

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Both Sally's are saying it because, firstly we have been reading on here that people are having issues with their orders and in contacting Fearings.
Secondly, that a few days before Texere went into liquidation they also had a sale. Lots of people placed orders, and paid and haven't received their goods.
Texere are still saying that most will receive what they have ordered but we are all left wondering if that really is the case as no one I know has received theirs.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
I am absolutely not saying that Fearings are going into liquidation.  I have no idea whether they are or not.

I decided to tell the Texere story because the lady who brought the Texere sale to the attention of a load of Ravellers felt awful, even though she of course couldn't possibly have known what would happen.

Having read the notice here about the Fearings sale, after hearing about people having problems contacting them, I knew I couldn't say nothing, just in case.  If history were to repeat, and I'd said nothing, then I would feel dreadful - and with some cause.

So I told the cautionary tale.

I repeat, I have no knowledge of Fearings' situation, good or bad. 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS