Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Raw feeding  (Read 1565 times)

Soapy

• Joined Oct 2015
Raw feeding
« on: October 25, 2015, 09:08:09 pm »
Hi guys, I am totally new to this forum but I raw feed my 3 dogs, and was wondering if any of you know of any slaughter houses close to Nottingham  (NG15) area? Or if you know of any local people that regularly have scraps/carcasses i could purchase. I'm lucky as I have already located a man who shoots pigeons for sport and if happy to sell me the birds as shot for 25p per bird, but im looking for more variety for my dogs without lining the pockets of places like Kennelgate and Pets at home- that and at 80p for a 400gram block when im feeding almost 3kg a day its not cheap. Im looking to reduce my monthly food bill and save on waste from slaughters. Im happy to travel within a 15 mile radius for over 10kg and more than happy to buy. Please let me know

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Raw feeding
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 07:26:38 am »
Do you have a butcher nearby who cuts up his carcasses? He will have to pay to have his waste taken away and may well supply you free or cheaply. It never hurts to ask!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS