Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: my cooking scorned!  (Read 2878 times)

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
my cooking scorned!
« on: April 07, 2010, 09:05:09 am »
He didn't like the casserole
And he didn't like my cake.
He said my biscuits were too hard ..
Not like his mother used to make.
I didn't perk the coffee right
He didn't like the stew,
I didn't mend his socks
The way his mother used to do.
I pondered for an answer
I was looking for a clue.
Then I turned around and smacked the s**t out of him...
Like his mother used to do. 

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: my cooking scorned!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 09:10:06 am »
Well said Shiela I remember it well ;D ;D
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 09:41:51 am »
 :) :) :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 01:16:21 pm »
Yes Julie as the Sunday Lunch was scrapped from off the plate and into the pig bucket along with the 5 or 6 tide marks  where it had been taken in and out the oven to keep it warm.Until Father returned from the King William1V.Mother never seemed to grasp the fact that Dad played domino's and would not be home before 3:00pm. Dinner time was 12.00 and it was ready for 12 be him there or be him not.I had an aunt she was Mother's elder sister Ada who was quite different Dinner on Sunday was 15:30 and Uncle Bill always enjoyed a Roast and all the trimmings If brother Billy and I could sneak round there was always a Yorkie and treacle for us.I am sure Aunt Ada made a few extra she knew we would be there if at all possible.She made the batter and let it stand When she took the roast out the oven she put the dripping tin back in and when the fat was smoking hot she whipped the batter and poured some into the smoking tin.I can still remember the taste even today.Its a long time since I have seen a dripping tin of smoking fat.
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 02:12:42 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

sandy

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 08:40:13 pm »
 ;D ;DI was lucky, I was a much better cook than my mother in law!!!! Wizard...you make my mouth water and I am on a diet...when I am 80, I shall eat all I can get my teeth into!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 08:28:13 am »
Hello Rosemary,Sandy.Hey Sandy has that Grannie Annie give up is she loosing the battle Olaf has buggered off Don't tell her I mentioned it will you!!!Yes Sandy I had 5 ribs of beef for Christmas We do most years but there wasn't very much fat on them.Wiz gave me a nice chunk to render down on top of the ribs but it was far to good to waste making Yorkies I eat it all on toast.When I had eaten all the black snotty stuff from under it I supplemented it with MARMITE not to much just a smidgen Yum Yum.I have taken a pheasant and a partridge out of the freezer and hopefully if I see Godfrey he will have a couple of stockies I can have so I can  make a bit of Game Pate partial to a slice of Game Pate am I.In fact I like most pates and I am very fond of proper potted beef Not this wonderful stuff one can buy in the supermarket though.Yes I have tried them the best of a pretty poor offering to me seemed to be one called Bingham's It is some what like potted seagull but meat flavour ??? ::) ;D ;D :farmer:

Annie22

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Hoddles Creek
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 05:01:46 am »
My husband still winges about my cooking, but my mother in law didn't darn socks, barely cleaned the house and everything she cooked was burnt on the outside and raw on the inside.  So I must seem like an improvement.  Not that I darn socks.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 07:50:27 am »
Now Anne-Marie Good morning There is an art in being able to do that that is why we never have a BBQ I cook the food first then bon it on the BB.My Mother as I once told you before couldn't boil shaving water wi out bonin it my Dad said.There wasn't a control fitted that turned the heat down It was on and that was it.I cannot think the last time I saw a mushroom and darning needle.There is no need now a pair of socks is cheaper than a darning needle and a ball of wool.That is why I learned to cook I also like to vacuum the carpets I play tractors and miss a breed so I can see what a good job I am doing ;D I enjoy washing up the crockery etc; but detest drying the washed pots Kath is in charge of that division but for the last 3 weeks on Monday I've been in charge of both units I hope this surgeon is going to remove the pile of bandage and I can relinquish the drying back to Kath ;D I hope Richard and miss are well and keeping out of mischief I haven't time to get up to oat haven't even been to Brockelsby or Wrangle for weeks I shall have to go and see Wiz though as I'm out of beef tut tut XXXX

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS