Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kidding(s) done!  (Read 3181 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Kidding(s) done!
« on: March 28, 2010, 08:22:46 pm »
My BT type goat (1st kidder) produced a pair of girls last night, again I missed it all! She was up and down all afternoon, just restless, so I prepared myself for a late night, checked her just before my tea @ 7 and she was cudding quite peacefully... came back out at 7.45pm and there were her two kids! I was so pleased, and even more after I was sure that they were girls. Still have a big grin on my face...

So that's kidding(s) done, 2 girls and a boy, lambing starts on WEdnesday and we have snow forecast for Tuesday!

I will post a couple of pictures as soon as I have worked out how to do it on the forum... also battery in the camera died while I did them this morning....

Best of luck to everyone who is still in te middle of it, Anke.

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
Re: Kidding(s) done!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
aww congrats to all hope they settle in well
Langdon ;)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 10:06:26 pm »
Oh thats fantastic! What a clever girl she is. What are you going to call them? In fact, are you going to register them, and if so, have you registered a prefix yet?

Beth

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 10:15:40 pm »
Oh, thats great news!!

Its such a relief when you walk in to the goat shed and see the new arrivals are here, and no more worrying about when its to be.  I do know from past experience, that goats are very good at waiting until you go and get a cup of coffee, and then they kid!!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 07:11:51 pm »
congrats! shame you missed the excitement!
Little Blue

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 09:24:50 pm »
Hi Beth - yes BT girls are to be registered, if I got it right actually under the BT section. Have registered a prefix last year, so should be ok. Still debating names for the girls though.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS