Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: John Deere 2650  (Read 2682 times)

Je

• Joined May 2015
John Deere 2650
« on: August 31, 2015, 11:42:56 am »
Hi would anyone know?
I have a JD 2650 2wd tractor. Husband will not get round to helping me with it, so thought I would post.
The tyres in the front are looking a little soft, what psi should they be? Can I use my portable car tyre inflator to pressure them? It just runs off cig lighter in car.
Also fuel gauge reads full always! Is this simply fixed? Thanks for reading :)

JEP

• Joined Oct 2011
Re: John Deere 2650
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 11:50:53 am »
hi yes you can use the small tyre inflater we used one to pump up the rear one on our John Deere. however to the fuel gauge problem my jd always reads full. but if it was me i would not bother to investigate it as you could use a pole to dip the tanks. if you do want to repair it it is probably the fuel sender unit broken which sits on the top of the tank.

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 12:28:43 pm »
Front tyres circa 30psi  bit more if using a loader , yes a small inflator will work but most recommend running for 10 mins max or they can overheat .     So long as  the connections from the sender to the gauge are good and no breaks or rubs in the wire then agree probably the sender broken ,  a  length of cane or similar much cheaper .               

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 04:09:18 pm »
Run the car engine when using the inflator. It gives more power and stops you flattening your battery

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS