Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: ideas for new border  (Read 5408 times)

farmvet

• Joined Feb 2014
Re: ideas for new border
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 12:14:24 am »
All your lovely pics and advice has serious exposed my lack of knowledge in the plant department.  (and the grandparents were professional nurserymen with my summers spent "helping" at Chelsea and the like...)
Anyway I've been inspired to have a go at your creations, after a few days of " should I just chuck some gravel down & have 1 tub" so today I raided the clearance section of the garden centre for a start plus got a rake of spring bulbs - AND signed up for the online RHS level 2 certificate in horticulture

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 01:46:03 am »
That's excellent farmvet - I'm sure you'll love the course, and you can pass on any tips to us.  :garden:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 07:31:42 pm »
Just remember that on these RHS courses if you get face to face ones , you get the usual PIA professional student who know absolutely everything & has never done anything  withbtheir gardening .

Mother nature know best when the plants should arrive and you yourself should develop a feel for your own colour set . Finally Compost just happens ( if you  let it  )

There's an old saying that, " The bee hives produced honey in spite of the attentions of the beekeeper "  .
 A similar one is that,  " A garden will give up flowers inspite of the gardener ,  but once they get some success under their finger nails, they will improve moere than a bee keeper " .

Good Luck
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

farmvet

• Joined Feb 2014
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2015, 11:40:32 pm »
Good point cloddopper, but if I dont learn a bit more TAS members are going to get very bored of answering my questions!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS