Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Words commonly used that mean NOW'T  (Read 5785 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Words commonly used that mean NOW'T
« on: March 17, 2010, 08:14:08 am »
In a post this morning I replied to Jackie and mentioned a word LIAR connected to the word SORRY.Today the word sorry means nothing.You shouldn't have been in my way .I don't care if you go around limping for the next 10 days I couldn't care less.I am prepared to bet the woman that hit me twice the 3rd time I back heeled her trolley into her looked at her and said sorry! She was not amused like Queen Victoria.Same with the mobile clan rushing along "Yap yap yap on the mobile not looking where the are going.I think it's great when the trolley stops sudden because one of the bins is stuck out a couple of inch's Another is two words together whatever."Do you fancy a bit of Blackberry and apple pie for pud with cream or custard on?" The reply whatever.So here you don't get any thing at all if its to much bother for you to say Yes or No it's far to strenuous for me to decide for you ??? :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: Words commonly used that mean NOW'T
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 08:29:47 am »
"If you like" or "Alright, go on then" when someone is offered something vexes me!

pedigree porker

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 08:40:35 am »
How are you, when you don't want to really know, and worse still they start to tell you!!!!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:56:54 am »
Hello P P Since I've no idea of your age or if you are a boy or girl ask Mum or Dad about this a man named Stanley Holloway.He was quite famous for his monologues and one was entitled "My word you do look queer" It's relevant to this thread.In the Google box or your search engine.Write Stanley Holoway and then scroll and choose "My word you do look queer" Then picture me and you've got it ;D ;D
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 11:34:38 am »
I remember we had not long been married and I asked my hubby if he wanted tea or coffee, his reply was " I dont mind." He got BOTH in 1 cup!

He never said that again.

daniellestocks

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Nr Pickering, North Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 12:12:23 pm »
my other half is one of them simpletons with his, whatever's, and dont no's, being an organised kind of a woman ive stared with my reply being "explain yourself please?"
He is slowly learning to define his answers, save on my womanly nagging  ;D  ;D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 12:33:39 pm »
OOHHhhhhhhhh you're fighting a loooooosing battle Danielle I fortunately never was I have many faults but indecision isn't one of them.Little support story Went to a carboot sale with Paul Look at this George I think I will buy it lets have a look round first.Buy it if you want it It will be gone when you come back Well I don't know in the usual winging voice.Round we went I am just off to get that little hydraulic jack.Yes you've guessed, it had gone.Well it's your own fault he moaned about it all the way home.Me if I want it haggle (best bit) pay and bring it home.Messing about don't knowing makes me nasty ;D ;D :farmer:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 06:19:10 pm »
I remember we had not long been married and I asked my hubby if he wanted tea or coffee, his reply was " I dont mind." He got BOTH in 1 cup!

He never said that again.
Like your style JAckie lol

Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 09:58:54 am »
Hello Annie .Has that bluddi toytoyse gone into reverse? It dont seem to be leapin forwards very quick :wave: :wave: :wave: :farmer:

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 05:47:34 pm »
Now I am sure I cant be the only one but when somebody knocks into me in the supermarket I automatically say sorry as if its my fault they have bashed into me............. now thats ok up to a point but not when I have apologised for their banging into me and all I get from them is a glare in  return. I am no longer the polite person I used to be and will now glare back and come out with a sharp witty retort............... well in my dreams anyway!!! ;D
juliag

sandy

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 06:28:08 pm »
2 Leicester terms.."Init" said throughout any conversation and "Know what I mean" both said at every breathing space in a scentance ::) ::)Hope I don't do it as I is Leicester girl init!, know what I mean?

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 08:00:26 pm »
innit, whatever. y'know  ;)
juliag

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 08:58:20 am »
hello sandy hello juliag No shouting at George who is extremely fragile (sed frag hilly) this am in this corner it is said intit probably from "is it not" Yes "yer no wot I mean" ohhhhhhh it does annoy me .I don't know what you mean or you would not be telling me.The other piece I detest is the person that cannot talk with out semaphore.Hands waving like windmills even when they are driving a car ??? ??? >:( :farmer:

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 02:30:39 pm »
I hate it when people use the word, 'like, you know' in a sentence. No I don't know, and if I knew, I wouldn't be asking would I? My nieces come and visit, and I know the minute they open their mouths, they'd be saying 'like' in the sentence more times than makes sense! I blame it on american programmes  >:(
Another thing that irritates me as well is,'they said'. 'You know what they say', 'Who's they??', 'You know, them..' 'Them who??' Argh!!
The worst one, though, is people saying, 'could OF' or 'should OF' or 'would OF'  >:( >:( >:(   'OF' is not a &^%%£$*£ verb!!!!!!!!! I'd like to get that tattooed on my forehead so when people say it and I end up throttling them, I could get away with murder because I've warned them beforehand. It really really gets on my annoys me!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 03:29:41 pm »
Hello sage you are just like me and the other irritating thing is"Do you want custard on your apple pie or double cream ?" Aw whatever is the reply ??? ??? ??? :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS