Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What words annoy you?  (Read 8395 times)

oink

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: What words annoy you?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 12:06:24 pm »
What an excellent idea for a discussion.  I can't think of too many words I find really annoying although I do find myself describing things as fantastic and then wishing they really were (Based on or existing only in fantasy).  In fact most superlatives have become redundant through over use.

There are a few words I love though - Higgledy piggledy, Mellifluous, Boobs

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 12:11:14 pm »
Another response to hearing he words "Big issue mate?" could be "not to me it isn't" ::)

pedigree porker

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 12:41:55 pm »
These are ones i frequently hear

i don't get it

i don't understand

i lost it

i cant log on

the printer ran out of ink

what handout???

you never told us that

do we need this for the assignment

what times break

guess my profession?????   :P

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 01:24:23 pm »
No offence intended Annie but when I first met you by reading you on here Jack's wife.I promise you there is no malicious intent anything.I just thought I thought she had gone to heaven :D :farmer:
You must have me confused with someone else, George, married to a Sandy, then lived 'in sin' with a John!  ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 03:41:27 pm »
Lovely Annie I'm all for it.Two of my daft sons married and are repenting if thats the word at their leisure.Annie Love was Jack's wife in the Rovers Return its a long time ago now. :wave: ;D I think its Annie that set me off :o
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 08:52:33 pm »
Ah yes, I remember it well ;D ;D ;D ;D And Ena Sharples ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 09:00:38 pm »
Oh heck Annie even I dare not call anyone Ena Sharples I'm a dyed in the wool coward in that department  ;D ;D
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 08:01:48 am »
'Tax doesn't have to be taxing' - is one I hate!

Oh yes it bloody does and there is no convincing me otherwise!!

Ta

Baz

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 08:18:53 am »
Too bluddi true Bazz  I used to like Moira reading the news.How she got put under the stairs I know not.I wish I had her or Sir Trevor's command of spoken English  :D :D ;D ;D ;D :farmer:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:23:44 am by Wizard »

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 10:09:59 am »
Reply to Sellic A long time ago.when we were just married we shopped mainly in Market Rasen. The bakers was and still is J Starbuck & Son Now John (Known as Sunshine) used to drive a Morris Commical Van for his father and the bakery is down a narrow passage and the vans are reversed in.Right this particular Saturday Parked as near to the entrance as he could get was Harry Keys Austin Princess Van dn Plaz with it Rolls engine all gleaming in the street.Now understand being a tractor field service fitter I knew which car belonged to which farmer.So into the shop I goes and asked Harry is that your Princess out front "YARSE it is thank you very much" Now you can imagine how thin skinned I was at that time so I replied.If it were mine I'd go and shift the heap of s**t before Sunshine flattens it.What a stupid place to park it .You are not at Stainton le Vale now you know.But he never heard the last bit of what I said because he streaked for the door much to the amusment of the shop staff.Silly pompous fool.Saw Sunshine at the camera club the following Monday night."What the L did you say to Mr Key's he wasn't very happy with you,"Oh dear I'm deeply worried about that I replied.Would you believe I was sent to look at his Hay liner because I was the only chap on the firm that knew about New Holland Knotters and the first thing would you believe was Harry's Princess parked in the gateway.So I honked the horn and I sat in the truck and waited for him to come and let me in the field.Why are you sitting here why didn't you come and fetch me.Well I did sound my horn but you took no notice and it looks as you park here like you do in Union Street."I will ring Sandham when I get in about your insolence.So I spent all the rest of the afternoon dismantling the Knotter assy and rebuilding them.If he had been a sociable chap I would have clouted the bill hook with a hammer and said try her Loll and Loll would have done two or three bales and I would have come away 10 minutes at best instead of 31/2 hours.Has Harry Key's rang you Paul. No why .Oh he will said I and don't bother repremanding me because if I get any more crap from him I shall refuse to look at his baler.Next time I called he came across to us all jovial and light and gave me a quid for giving up my evening to come and fix his baler It didn't improve my opinion of him though so the word is Kipper :D ;D :farmer:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:12:16 am by Wizard »

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 12:43:42 pm »
oink what's boobs something you have dropped or a girls muscles.Little 5 year old said" I think its a boy it hasn't got any girls muscles" :D :D ;D :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS